The entire city of Buffalo knew we were gonna lose

zow2

Let me preface by saying that I love Buffalo sports, I get the NFL Ticket to watch every Bills game, I get Center Ice to watch every Sabres game. That being said, it’s unfathomable that whenever Buffalo teams are on the biggest stage, they lose and often times in spectacular fashion. Just in the last year you had that debacle to Cleveland yesterday, last years MNF collapse to Dallas and a ridiculous home blowout loss to NE on Sunday night. There are so many more examples for the Bills over the last decade….not to mention Music City Miracle and all that carnage. To a lesser extent you had the Sabres lose to Sidney Crosby in the Ice Bowl on National TV.

I give the Sabres a break though because they have won playoff games but even they manage to crap all over themselves in gut check time (losing to Carolina in the ECF after going into the 3rd up 2-1, losing to Ottawa in OT at home).

The bottom line is that there really is a cloud hanging over this city’s sports teams. The fans are awesome. NO city cares more about their teams than this one. I have to wonder what the average fans in places like Boston think of us? They either laugh or feel sorry for us because they see that the fans are so much more into it than theirs.

I had 2 hours of sleep last night. I’m back at work depressed. Ugh!