Growing Pains

Chilly

Folks, this is a young team starting to put it all together. While I know this is a futile call on this board, you need patience.

The offensive line tonight did a great job. The first time in 4 games they did. Unfortunately, this was the game that Trent decided to sh-- the bed for a whole quarter.

These are called "Growing Pains". I know you're going to try to blame Lindell, or blame Trent, or blame someone in particular, but they are starting to fight through adversity and learn how to take on teams that game plan for them.

I know that I'm going to seriously get flamed for this, but I'm very pleased with the direction this team is headed, even if I was extremely pissed off after the game and about to break something.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, this is a young team starting to put it all together. While I know this is a futile call on this board, you need patience.

The offensive line tonight did a great job. The first time in 4 games they did. Unfortunately, this was the game that Trent decided to sh-- the bed for a whole quarter.

These are called "Growing Pains". I know you're going to try to blame Lindell, or blame Trent, or blame someone in particular, but they are starting to fight through adversity and learn how to take on teams that game plan for them.

I know that I'm going to seriously get flamed for this, but I'm very pleased with the direction this team is headed, even if I was extremely pissed off after the game and about to break something.

If you're pleased with losing 4 in a row and flushing a 5-1 start straight down the crapper, then there's something seriously wrong with you. I'd recommend medication.

Bluefire, with all due respect, you were also a huge Vince Young supporter and fan....

If you're pleased with losing 4 in a row and flushing a 5-1 start straight down the crapper, then there's something seriously wrong with you. I'd recommend medication.

Coming from you, I have been affirmed of my level-headedness. Thank you.

Yes, God forbid someone calls a spade a spade.

Do I really need to go back to the posts from earlier this season to point out just how gushy you were on the team? Have you somehow gotten clarity over the past 4 weeks that you didn't have over the first 4 weeks? :lol:

Yeah, emotional jumps always make for rational thought. Great job.

But you keep on hoping, BF. maybe next year vince Young will be a real QB, too. :thumbsup:

Pretty good job of stealing a post above to try to discredit me. Too bad it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, nor with the price of rice in China. Plz play again.

Unfortunately Trent sh-- the bed for most of the game. 'Paralyzed by fear' is an expression that comes to mind. If he can't work through the yips that he has then the 'Growing Pains' are going to be a lot longer than you seem to anticipate.

Do I really need to go back to the posts from earlier this season to point out just how gushy you were on the team? Have you somehow gotten clarity over the past 4 weeks that you didn't have over the first 4 weeks? :thumbsup:

Yeah, emotional jumps always make for rational thought. Great job.

So? I allowed myself to be positive about these bastards? Sue me.

Won't make that mistake again.

Unfortunately Trent sh-- the bed for most of the game. 'Paralyzed by fear' is an expression that comes to mind. If he can't work through the yips that he has then the 'Growing Pains' are going to be a lot longer than you seem to anticipate.

How true....

For most of the team it is growing pains. For Trent it is blowing pains.

Cleveland is a young team too.

But they have a coach that can manage a game - that's the difference.

No, they don't. I've had the displeasure of seeing most of the Crennel-led Browns the last two years, and he is absolutely awful at managing a game. His teams routinely waste timeouts, screw up two-minute drills with bad decisions on when to call TOs and when to spike the ball, and Romeo has shown a penchant for going conservative and settling for FG attempts when he should be trying to get the ball in the end zone.

But as bad as he is - he's still better at it than Dick. For me, that's the most telling thing about how bad Dick is as a game-day coach. He might be a great coach Mon-Saturday, but come Sunday he's useless on the sidelines.

Unfortunately he has been sh--ing the bed for the past 4 games. I've noticed a trend with Trent. The bigger the game the worse the peformance. The 2 games with the playoffs on the line last year, the past 4 games this year.

"Pleased at the direction this team is going"?

All is see the past 4 weeks is serious regression....

Figures you didn't see Lynch's serious improvement in this game over the past few games, or the O-line's serious improvement over the past few games. Or the defense on 3rd downs.

So? I allowed myself to be positive about these bastards? Sue me.

Won't make that mistake again.

Exactly my point smart one. Bungee Jumping != realistic look at the team.