Chilly

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My gf and I are having an argument, what is the proper term:

Slippers or House Shoes?

House shoes? What the hell does that mean?

Slippers, for Christ's sake.

Here's your test. Go to Macys.com. Search for slippers, and see the results. Now search for "house shoes" and see what comes up.

I never heard of house shoes...but robe=housecoat, no doubt.

Housecoat passes the macys.com test. Robes and housecoat produce roughly the same results...robes and housecoats.

Actually, for me a housecoat is a female-specific robe, as smoking-jacket is a male specific (and specialized) alternative. But, Macy's doesn't have that same take, it seems.

Housecoat passes the macys.com test. Robes and housecoat produce roughly the same results...robes and housecoats.

Actually, for me a housecoat is a female-specific robe, as smoking-jacket is a male specific (and specialized) alternative. But, Macy's doesn't have that same take, it seems.

housecoats are worn by old ladies, especially Polish old ladies....robes are worn by non-old ladies.

Do old Polish ladies wear crocs?

no dummy....they wear houseshoes. :thumbsup:

BTW I !@#$in' hate crocs...WTF is with all the holes? I wear slippers and only if I have to go out to get the paper or mail...LL Bean leather with flannel on the inside....otherwise I just wear socks inside.