Who sets up for a 50 yard FG with a 1st & 10 and over a minute lef

SKOOBY

:censored::angry:B-):censored:

I concur 100%. I was screaming at the fuggin TV to please not turn into a complete chickenshit and SET UP A LONG FG INTO THE FUGGIN WIND.

UN-FUGGIN-BE-FUGGIN-LIEVABLE!

:wallbash::censored:

You get paid to think about football ALL FUGGIN WEEK, and you seriously set up a long FG into the wind. Gutless. Plain friggin gutless.

Yes. we're just about in field goal range after Royal catches that ball. But we still need more yards, especially since the kick is into the wind. Definitely want to try to get it inside 40 yards if possible.

After the first run, it was clear that Cleveland was going to use all three timeouts to give themselves enough time to take the kickoff and get into FG range again. But that is predicated on them being able to stop us from getting a first down. So in order to take that option away, YOU NEED TO GET THE FIRST DOWN. By doing so, not only do you prevent them from getting another chance, but you also get the ball at least 10 yards closer. Yes, you risk a turnover, as you always do -- but ACTUALLY TRYING to get a first down gets you a shorter FG into the wind AND prevents them from a comeback.

THAT'S why you actually MAKE AN ATTEMPT to get a first down, instead of frigging GIVING UP and settling for a difficult FG into a strong wind, with a chance for them to come back.

Unbelievable. It's not rocket surgery.

Great stuff.

I honestly think Dick was suprised at the time out. As soon as Romeo called it, DIck must've known he was at his mercy. Sad really, but the guy looks confused at situtations. How about the TO he took at the goal line make sure the Marshawn play was not an instant replay situation? All they had to do was punch a quick run to make sure the Browns didn't challenge. Sick.

Gutless coaching, but pales in comparison to GW calling for a punt on 4th and 2 from the 31 vs. New England in 2002 when we were tied for first. At home. Result a 12 yard punt. We went on to lose, and have not been close to the playoffs since that gutless call.

I personally think Ralph should go to the sidelines after the game and dick slap dick jauron, and get rid of him.

spend the 4 million a year and hire the chin to take over. at least his team plays hard all night long.

You and I knew as soon as we started running it those first two plays Jauron was coming back with a 3rd down run. The whole stadium knew it. Why the heck would you take a chance on a long FG into the wind when all you really needed was one more 1st down to set up Lindell.....................ONE MORE!!!!! You would have had 3 chances to move the chains closer for a much higher percentage FG and instead you chickened out and played scared. Boy, if that doesn't give Edwards and the rest of the team a vote of confidence. A win would have saved their season, "possibly" given Edwards a shot in the arm to boost what little confidence he has left, and maybe could have led to a 3 game winning streak with KC and SF coming up.

Instead, we realistically have to start looking towards next year and continue to second guess on what might have been this year and what the hell happened to our team besides the obvious injury problems. Edwards looks lost and is also playing scared to match the scared coaching and playing not to lose. Where is a coach and a team that goes for the jugular or knock out punch? Do we really have to go through 3 more years of this with Jauron? We will always be a hustling, hard working team that does just enough to stay close for most of the season only to drop out of contention when it matters most.

We deserved to lose when we finish a game off with that kind of play calling. We deserved to lose with those 4 ridiculous turnovers. We were lucky to even be in that position at the end of the game and yet we still found a way to blow it. We got back into the game by being aggressive with our defense (except for that big run) and then we play soft at the end..STUPID!

Way to go Jauron...............its unfortunate that you probably still haven't learned anything from this and these types of trends will continue as long as you lead our beloved team. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow and go through all the "wide right" stupid jokes that are deservedly coming. I feel bad for Lindell................yes, he probably still should have made it but his coach could have made his job much, much more easier IF HE HAD ANY BALLS.

NO. Not tonight. The O-line was flat out dominant tonight. The line was playing to make sure no one hit Lynch for a loss. They got 1-2 yards for 3 straight plays. Not their fault.

I may be Jauron's biggest critic on this board, and I think I can defend him a bit tonight. I saw some good things. Running out of the shotgun was effective. You can see that getting Lynch past the line of scrimmage has tremendous value. They did some things to get him the ball away from the pile. Defensively they went after the QB with a bigger pass rush and made some plays. It hurt them on a couple but overall it was a plus in the game.

On the last possession, you can question the 3 runs at the end. I think you expect to gain a few more yards than they did, but again you can see that when you plan to run into the pile and the other team knows it, not much is gained. Running left and putting the ball to the left hash is questionable unless Lindell wanted it there. On a tough night to kick at that end of the field, you really don't want it to be a 47 yarder. A short play action pass would have been low risk on 1st or 2nd down.

Dick made some changes from previous weeks. It almost worked. Turnovers again were the downfall.

I may be Jauron's biggest critic on this board, and I think I can defend him a bit tonight. I saw some good things. Running out of the shotgun was effective. You can see that getting Lynch past the line of scrimmage has tremendous value. They did some things to get him the ball away from the pile. Defensively they went after the QB with a bigger pass rush and made some plays. It hurt them on a couple but overall it was a plus in the game.

On the last possession, you can question the 3 runs at the end. I think you expect to gain a few more yards than they did, but again you can see that when you plan to run into the pile and the other team knows it, not much is gained. Running left and putting the ball to the left hash is questionable unless Lindell wanted it there. On a tough night to kick at that end of the field, you really don't want it to be a 47 yarder. A short play action pass would have been low risk on 1st or 2nd down.

Dick made some changes from previous weeks. It almost worked. Turnovers again were the downfall.

The turnovers were early enough in the game to overcome. His playcalling at the end was borderline Pee Wee. Edwards had time all night to throw the ball, albeit he had no downfield vision. it was like uncle charlie from my three sons was at the helm. i cannot believe he didn't try to move for a first down. what a jerk. i'm tired of wasting time watching this poorly coached unmotivated group of slobs.

I concur 100%. I was screaming at the fuggin TV to please not turn into a complete chickenshit and SET UP A LONG FG INTO THE FUGGIN WIND.

UN-FUGGIN-BE-FUGGIN-LIEVABLE!

:lol::thumbsup:

You get paid to think about football ALL FUGGIN WEEK, and you seriously set up a long FG into the wind. Gutless. Plain friggin gutless.

Just aweful.