Is Donovan McNabb an idiot?

erynthered

True. But he should really get docked a game check. This is even worse than not knowing it's 4th down, IMO.

Apparently, he wasn't the only one, either. It just shocks me that NFL players wouldn't know that. I guess it shows that many players are not actually fans of the game.

Now, and this in no way excuses the ignorant players, even though everyone should KNOW how long overtime lasts, shouldn't the coaches be reminding their players of the situation and making sure everyone is on the same page, and feels the urgency? When the Bills suffered the horrible call in Tennessee (Home Job Throw Forward), many mentioned the coaches should have been preaching "stay in your lanes" before the coverage team went on the field. Well, they are the coverage team, they KNOW to stay in their lanes. Still, a reminder can't hurt, and part of a coaches gameday job is reminding players about things they already (or should already) know.

So, dock all of them a game check, IMO.

This still doesn't make sense. So McNabb didn't know that you only play 1 quarter in OT, fine. I assume he knew that it's sudden death OT. And it's not like the Eagles had the ball and were driving to end the OT period, figuring they had another OT period.

This still doesn't make sense. So McNabb didn't know that you only play 1 quarter in OT. It's not like the Eagles had the ball and were driving to end the OT period. What were they, playing for the 2nd OT period?

Did you see and hear what he said with regard to playoff games and the Super Bowl when it came to ties? It was absolutely idiotic.

Can someone recap his comments for those of us who missed it? Thanks in advance.

He was surprised the game ended in a tie. He, along with many teammates, did not know that games can end in a tie. He also made a comment that he was concerned about the playoffs and the SB ending in a tie.