Bills/49ers No punt game

bluv

I was there. My boss gave me 6 (or 8) seats in the company suite, and we had a nice tailgate, pregame. That was some game.

I remember it well; loved seeing Thurman burning Romanowski up and down the field! Defense was another story as we sucked that day; I hated when they tried to use Bruce as a stand up DE!

I remember it well; loved seeing Thurman burning Romanowski up and down the field! Defense was another story as we sucked that day; I hated when they tried to use Bruce as a stand up DE!

Knocking Rice out of the game early, was key, IMO.

Didn't matter; Sherrard kicked our butts just as well! I can live with Jerry tearing us up but not Mike Sherrard!

True, but don't you think the butts would be in worse shape after a Rice reaming? (SF-related pun intended.)

That was a really strange game. I remember watching it on TV and not realizing it was a no punt game until it was announced. Have there ever been any other no punt games?

We noticed that toward the end of the game, and though it was unusual. None of us realized there had NEVER been a no-punt NFL game before, though. To my knowledge, it still is the only one, but I could be mistaken.