What a running game looks like

HelloNewman

Watching the Giants game yesterday it made me ill seeing how a great offensive line works and see a potent running game. Then I look at how the Bills run the ball and it makes me sad. :wallbash:

It helps when a team like the Giants stay COMMITTED to the running game. Hopefully the Bills will try to se the tone tonight running the football with a purpose.

It helps when a team like the Giants stay COMMITTED to the running game. Hopefully the Bills will try to se the tone tonight running the football with a purpose.

You're dreaming if you believe this at the root of the problems in the running game. How many 3 and outs would you need to see before you started yelling at Schonert to throw the ball? :wallbash:

You're dreaming if you believe this at the root of the problems in the running game. How many 3 and outs would you need to see before you started yelling at Schonert to throw the ball? :wallbash:

Well, I'd like to see them start the game with about 7-8 consecutive runs. So, for me personally, I can live with 3 - 3 and outs to start the game. I've said it before, it's not about winning the 1st quarter; its about winning the game. They need to establish a run game in a bad way and wear the defense down.

I am not saying to run the ball EXCLUSIVELY. Rather, I am suggesting that they not panic, if if they get down -- and give up on the run entirely. The past few weeks, I believe, that Turk has been guilty of doing exactly that. The best example I can illustrate is early in the 3rd quarter of the Miami game. The team capped off a long drive to open the second half based mostly on running the ball. Up 16-7, they inexplicably got pass happy, even though they were having some success running the ball. We saw in the 4th quarter what happens when you give up on the running game -- or at least the appearance of a running game.

I am not absolving our OL of blame, but I have a feeling that their play would be better if the offensive game plan was more dedicated to imposing a rushing attack on the opponent.

Anyone watch the Cowboys close out the last 4-5 minutes of their game last night? Handed off to Barber about ten times in a row and he pounded out 3 first downs to end the game. Very impressive.

Saw it. And thought.. now that's how you win a game in the 4th quarter. Why Dallas hasn't done that all year long amazes me. Why Buffalo, with a back like Lynch, doesn't do that amazes me even more.

Saw it. And thought.. now that's how you win a game in the 4th quarter. Why Dallas hasn't done that all year long amazes me. Why Buffalo, with a back like Lynch, doesn't do that amazes me even more.

Barber is better than Lynch. You never see Barber side-step off tackle to try to create extra yards, he always goes forward.

Barber is better than Lynch. You never see Barber side-step off tackle to try to create extra yards, he always goes forward.

Agreed on that. Barber is the best in the league at getting a tough two yards. But he was also running through holes last night. As were the Giant backs all day.

You know what bothers me about this line? They are the NYS Thruway to our QB and RB. I can understand if they're a bunch of neophyte rookies. But everyone of them has more than 2 years experience. At least 3 of them are league veterans. It's shameful how they lack motivation. :wallbash:

C

From someone that says Jackson is better than Lynch, this opinion carries a lot of weight.

You know what bothers me about this line? They are the NYS Thruway to our QB and RB. I can understand if they're a bunch of neophyte rookies. But everyone of them has more than 2 years experience. At least 3 of them are league veterans. It's shameful how they lack motivation. :wallbash:

C

How do you know they lack motivation? It's possible to be motivated and play poorly.

Rueben Brown said it on a TV show that the Bills linemen have bad technique. That confirm my thinking that the OL coach needs to be fired. Otherwise, I cannot explain why with the heaviest line in the league you cannot run the ball. It is not Marshawn. It is the blocking. The OL played with no intensity. They also communicated poorly. How did they drop down to pass protect on a running play? Why are you guys keep blaming Marshawn? Did you not watch the games?

Rueben Brown said it on a TV show that the Bills linemen have bad technique. That confirm my thinking that the OL coach needs to be fired. Otherwise, I cannot explain why with the heaviest line in the league you cannot run the ball. It is not Marshawn. It is the blocking. The OL played with no intensity. They also communicated poorly. How did they drop down to pass protect on a running play? Why are you guys keep blaming Marshawn? Did you not watch the games?

Just because they are "heavy" doesn't mean they can run block. For all we know they are all terrible in the weight room.

Anyone read the quote form the Giants yesterday? One of them them said that their RB's just need a tiny crease and whoever it is (Jacobs, Ward or Bradshaw) will do the rest. I'm not absolving the O-line from major resposibility in Buffalo. What i am saying is that our premier RB, needs to do his part and start running down hill. Find the crease and just bust it. You never see those 3 Giants RB's dancing around and trying to improvise. They get the ball and run the play exactly as its called and run down hill!!

Anyone read the quote form the Giants yesterday? One of them them said that their RB's just need a tiny crease and whoever it is (Jacobs, Ward or Bradshaw) will do the rest. I'm not absolving the O-line from major resposibility in Buffalo. What i am saying is that our premier RB, needs to do his part and start running down hill. Find the crease and just bust it. You never see those 3 Giants RB's dancing around and trying to improvise. They get the ball and run the play exactly as its called and run down hill!!

I saw a quote from Ray Lewis yesterday before the game also...he said something idiotic like "The Giants only have a good running game because their RBs always have holes that they can run though." Ummmmm isn't that the point, the offensive lien creates holes and the running back runs through them? I know people like to jump down Lynch's throat but I haven't seen Freddie Jackson to be any better than he has these past few weeks at finding holes. I think it's in their heads now that they have to hit a home run on every run.

I saw a quote from Ray Lewis yesterday before the game also...he said something idiotic like "The Giants only have a good running game because their RBs always have holes that they can run though." Ummmmm isn't that the point, the offensive lien creates holes and the running back runs through them? I know people like to jump down Lynch's throat but I haven't seen Freddie Jackson to be any better than he has these past few weeks at finding holes. I think it's in their heads now that they have to hit a home run on every run.

I'd like to tell Ray Lewis he's right, especially when LB's like Ray Lewis miss tackle after tackle and leave those holes wide open. He used to be a damn good LB but he has not been elite in years.

I was watching Dallas last night. Marian Barber didn't always have gaping holes to run through but he found some cracks and got yards. The Bills O-line sucks right now but it's a fallacy to think the other teams with successful running games are getting huge holes every other play. Hopefully tonight the whole offense breaks out of their funk.