It must have been...the Chunky Soup

stuckincincy

I suppose if someone wanted to make the case that some NFL players are somewhat... jaded...this might qualify. :wallbash:

... "No, I didn't know that," McNabb said at his postgame press conference. The 10-year veteran said he was not aware that one overtime is all you get in the NFL in the regular season until the final play of that overtime, when the Eagles tried an unsuccessful Hail Mary pass. He said, "When the play was called, I kind of figured, 'I guess there's ties in the NFL.' "

He said, "I've never been a part of a tie. I never even knew that was in the rule book. It's part of the rules and we have to go with it. I was looking forward to the next opportunity to get out there and try to drive to win the game."...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles...ask_McNabb.html

and

..."As Shayne Graham's 47-yard field-goal attempt slipped outside the right upright with seven seconds left in overtime yesterday, Eagles safety Quintin Mikell celebrated by throwing his arms in the air.

He was ready to play the second overtime.

"To be honest, I didn't know there wasn't going to be another overtime," Mikell said. "I didn't know it was going to be a tie. I was kind of happy. I thought we were going to get another overtime. After I realized it was a tie, I was pretty ticked off."...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/200811...o_ugly_tie.html

Yeah, I read that about McNabb. Just fuggin pathetic. It's sad when fans know more about the rules than players.

I suspect PHI will be looking for a replacement for McNabb next year or the one after. This was a local telecast here in Cincinnati - one would see that he was terrible beyond his stats if you happened to watch his actual play. He easily could have suffered 6 interceptions instead of the three. And their O.C. should be drawn and quartered. 58 passes? B'gals have improved a bit against the run (3rd round rookie from Auburn, Pat Sims, seems to be the real deal) but not to the point that they are a force.

PHI certainly has a nice defense. Many players around the ball. They need to find a way to spiff up their O.