OT - "The Curse of The Bambino"

stevestojan

This "documentary" was great. I don't think its new, but it just has long time Boston Red Sox fans talking about the torture of being a Sox fan. They also have some celebs. And please don't knock it because Ben Afleck is the narrator, i didn't realize that till the end, so it was OK. Anyway, Dennis Leary is on there, and along with him and the others, you can see the real torture they went through in 1986, and you cant help but to think of it like Super Bowl 25. The did make a great point however.

After the RedSox finally win it, that night will be the best night in Boston history. One person said "The party after the Redsox win will make the party after the Pats won look like having a couple friends over for tea". But, they brought up "what happens the next morning?" Everyone will wake up and realize now that the RedSox are just another baseball team. They arnt' the "lovable losers" anymore. The 'curse' will be over. Some of the fans actually admitted they they know that it wont be the same after the win, as if they are almost hoping it never happens, to keep this sad long story going...

The Bambino is coming to St. Louis tonight to break their heart.

85940[/snapback]

Honestly, after watching that, I wouldn't be surprised. Obviously, there is no such thing as a "curse", but sustained bad luck? I think so.

Who's going to be the goat this year?

If I recall Clement was very pessimistic of the Yanks prevailing after game 5 in the ALCS. THe Sox finally exposed the Yanks weekness in the ALCS. Stop whinning BF about the Home field. I remember when ORtiz & Manny crushed Clemens for 3 or 4 runs in the All-star game & said great we just help the Yankees to Homefield advantage in the WS! I still think the Series is heading back to Boston.

Isn't that what you were saying about Boston last week about this time?

85986[/snapback]

Listen up. If the Bills were that close to winning a championship I wouldn't be worried about the morning after. The morning after would be awesome because we are the Champs! Top Dogs! Numero F'in Uno! To hell with being loveable losers! What is that? The chase goes on! After the first I want the second even worse because I would want that same feeling again the morning after.