Political/Family Question

With the families getting together over the holidays, I was wondering…

How many of you have family members (brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws, etc.) who are “politically active”?

And how many of them are always “on” when it comes to politics? (want to talk politics all of the time).

And how many of them blame the “other” political party for everything that is wrong, like their job/health/etc.?

So basically, what happens at your family gatherings when these “politically active” family members want to talk politics? Are they smart enough to “turn it off” over the holidays, or do you end with a bunch of shouting and hurt feelings?

BTW, I have some serious “liberal” and “conservative” nutcases between the two families. I have heard every secret government plot that there is. :wallbash:

With the families getting together over the holidays, I was wondering…

How many of you have family members (brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws, etc.) who are “politically active”?

And how many of them are always “on” when it comes to politics? (want to talk politics all of the time).

And how many of them blame the “other” political party for everything that is wrong, like their job/health/etc.?

So basically, what happens at your family gatherings when these “politically active” family members want to talk politics? Are they smart enough to “turn it off” over the holidays, or do you end with a bunch of shouting and hurt feelings?

BTW, I have some serious “liberal” and “conservative” nutcases between the two families. I have heard every secret government plot that there is. :wallbash:

Pretty much all of us. But discussions are usually intelligent, because unlike here, we're all adults (with the exception of my sister-in-law, who's a raving lunatic and blames everything on "my" party - even though she knows I'm an independent.)

Parents, on the other hand - my dad's smart, but apathetic (I've only seen him argue politics once - but frighteningly effectively). My mother...classic "I'm a Republican, but I don't know why" person.

We're going to Buffalo for Thanksgiving to see my mother, and I've been informed that dinner this year will be at my niece's house. Her husband works at his father's Christian radio station, and they don't have a television because they think it is corrupting to their little kids. I try to avoid discussing politics, but eventually someone will chime up about how the liberal Democrats want to kill babies. And this year I can't even avoid it by watching football.

I try to avoid discussing politics, but eventually someone will chime up about how the liberal Democrats want to kill babies.

Psalms 137:9: "Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy children against the stones." Always a good abortion argument stopper.

Let me know how it works for you. :wallbash: