Polamolou Interception - SD@Pit

/dev/null

NBC just said...the penalty didn't matter....it should have been a touchdown. The league won't change the score even though it makes a difference in playoff tiebreakers.

That was dirty......had to go out of their way to review a play that didn't need to be reviewed, reversed a call, then reversed the declining of the penalty, then fabricated a rule saying it was the end of the game.

Heck, after watching the government and the financial markets the past few years, I don't expect Santa to come down my chimney anytime soon....but to purposely cluster-f something so bad.......sad.

The only saving grace is that the TD itself was a 100-1 shot type of thing and people were ready for the emotional hit of a loss (pointspread). It was a miracle that was crapped on by the NFL and the refs. Anyone that has Steelers defense in fantasy also lost 8 points on that call.

Nice job NFL.

Blame Polamolu for not reading/following the script.

I'm done......the Buffalonian in me knew I was going to get F'd out of that call somehow. How does that not SCREAM a fix? The outcome of the game was the same no matter what. After the goaline call aginst Stroud followed up by the phantom illegal onsides kick last week....now this....too close for comfort. 90% of the Refs must have houses foreclosed on.

Really.....take the fun out of it by pulling junk like that.

We need to get over the onsides kick call ... it touched our FB's hand ... I didn't think so the first few times that I saw it, but on the NE endzone shot in HD, it definitely hit his hand. OTOH, it should have been reviewed simply to make sure they got the right call considering the confusion by the refs on the field, but it was the right call.

As soon as they called a illegal forward pass, the ball by rule was dead at that spot and could not be advanced by either team.

Wrong.....only if the pass hits the ground is the play called dead....it went from LT's hand to Chambers.

The AP just released that the NFL said the call was blown and it should have been a TD, but they will not change the score.

Refs Blow It

We need to get over the onsides kick call ... it touched our FB's hand ... I didn't think so the first few times that I saw it, but on the NE endzone shot in HD, it definitely hit his hand. OTOH, it should have been reviewed simply to make sure they got the right call considering the confusion by the refs on the field, but it was the right call.

It should have been reviewed as there was no flag on the play, and in real time it was impossible to see. The game was still on the line.

Today the game was not on the line and they still reviewed the play.....only to get the call wrong on the field in the end.

I'm not going nuts about last week....moreso the inconsistancy and the lack of common sense when and when not to review plays.

There have always been "attempted" fixes...I know for a fact. All you need is a ref or 2....or a key skill position player to try his best to screw things up. Just to have such an ugly ending and go out of their way at the end of this game....I guess if I don't like it, stop paying attention.

I disagree. The more teams with middling records the better. And the Bills will need to take care of bidness against the Broncos themselves.

No way. There is no way Baltimore is in contention for even a wild card, based on their schedule for the rest of the year. Pittsburgh will win that division easily. It makes no sense to root for them to loose, and root for a team that could have battled us for a wild card spot.

If Pittsburgh is going to win the division, it doesn't matter how much they win. All you are rooting for is for San Diego to be closer to us in the wild card race. Good thing they lost.

And how about that Polamolou touchdown to end the game......WHOOPS!!!!

This is the NFL gambling clusterfug of the year. Are there riots happening right now in the Vegas sports books??? There was no forward lateral on that play and I didn't see any reason why that wasn't a valid touchdown (and a cover by Pittsburgh).

I am glad that someone wrote about this. This has been bothering me when I saw it happen, for a handful of reasons but the biggest one was that if that was a forward lateral, how was the throwback by the titans not a forward pass in our 2000 playoff game?

Ok, but what's the use in pointing that out? It's not like we passed on Polamalu to take Whitner...

Well from all the homers who think Whitner is that great, people forget what a great safety looks like who gets drafted further down the board than Whitner.

Polamalu is what you expect from that position in the draft as far as production.

In other news, I'm getting getting pretty close to never watching the NFL after this year. Romo's reversed fumbles or non-calls, the INT they overturned on Polamalu in the AFC Championship game when they wanted a Manning year, the consistent Cheatriot non-calls for holding on the offensive lines with ticky-tack calls against opposing teams, the Ravens vs. Cheatriots where they let the 4th and 1 play go until the Pats get stuffed and then say a time-out was called, and every week some dumb-ass call is just getting to be too much. I enjoyed the UFC more at this point.

It's not enough that I'm a Bills fan and get cheated on Moss's push-offs, Music City, and bad Super Bowls, but the league is letting this become the WWE.

I disagree. The more teams with middling records the better. And the Bills will need to take care of bidness against the Broncos themselves.

...Which is another reason why we want the chargers to loose. Pitt is going to win their division, count on it, so their record does not matter. Therefore we will not be competing agaisnt them for a wildcard, while it is much more likely the Chargers will be after a wildcard if Denver takes hte Div. The chargers loosing is a good thing for us.

And yes I agree, why reverse the TD???? Even if there was an illegal forward pass, could the Steelers not have declined teh penatly and taken the result of the play??? It didn't matter at the end of the game like that, but if it were the second quarter would it not be a TD??? I for one have found myself watching a lot more college ball than the NFL this year... the rules and rigged money hungry bussiness that is the NFL needs to change.

I'm done......the Buffalonian in me knew I was going to get F'd out of that call somehow. How does that not SCREAM a fix? The outcome of the game was the same no matter what. After the goaline call aginst Stroud followed up by the phantom illegal onsides kick last week....now this....too close for comfort. 90% of the Refs must have houses foreclosed on.

Really.....take the fun out of it by pulling junk like that.

Very, very fishy to me. The play was shown on ESPN this morning and on one view it's hard to tell and on the other view it looks like the ball is thrown ten yards backward. This stinks like rotten fish. If it didn't have anything to do with the spread I'd say big deal but the fact that it altered the outcome of the spread makes me wonder a lot.

If it was fixed it was only fixed by the upstairs replay official. :wallbash: