Giants D plays the same way as we do ...

talkinproud78

This is probably not an earth-shaking observation or anything, but sometimes things dawn on me (in fleeting moments of clarity!!).

I was watching the Giants-Ravens today - and I noticed that the G-Men play a very similar scheme to ours (it may not be Tampa 2, but I noticed similarities). Everytime Flacco looked across the middle, he had a man (with no Giants corner anywhere near him). They play off the receivers just like we do.

The difference is HUGE, though: Pass rush. The Tampa 2 looks so poor each week because we have no rush. And we can't stop the run. The Giants do both, and do both with suffocating success. They were always in the backfield near Flacco, and Flacco was himself the team's leading rusher (even with Willis McGahee ... imagine that - he had 18 yards. HA!).

Again, most of you will read and go: Jesus - how obvious!

But - I just wanted to post for those of you like me, who watch our team defense each week and wonder why teams are having their way with us, first-down by first-down. The reason is: no pass rush. Without that, the Tampa 2 is extremely ineffective.