1400 the Fan

dib

After one win the Dolfelon radio station stated this morning that "if everything goes right next year the Dolphins can be superbowl contenders"

One win.

:lol: Hey, "if everything goes right this year we can be superbowl contenders! Like if we win 10 straight!" :lol:

:angry: NOT! :D

After one win the Dolfelon radio station stated this morning that "if everything goes right next year the Dolphins can be superbowl contenders"

One win.

85826[/snapback]

I admire their enthusiasm, albeit somewhat misguided... :angry:

One win.

85826[/snapback]

Yeah and if everything goes right I could win the lottery. :angry:

I admire their enthusiasm, albeit somewhat misguided... :angry:

85846[/snapback]

Why is it misguided? If they make the right moves, they are playoff contenders, and once in the playoffs anyone has a shot at the superbowl.

They have the defense.

They have the recievers. (Chambers, Boston and Booker)

They have a pretty damn good TE.

They need a few guys on the OLine, a RB and a QB.

They will have a very low first round pick to get a RB or QB.

With a couple of good moves in FA, and the right choice at HC, they are just as "in it" as anyone else.

Why is it misguided?  If they make the right moves, they are playoff contenders, and once in the playoffs anyone has a shot at the superbowl.

They have the defense.

They have the recievers. (Chambers, Boston and Booker)

They have a pretty damn good TE.

They need a few guys on the OLine, a RB and a QB.

They will have a very low first round pick to get a RB or QB.

With a couple of good moves in FA, and the right choice at HC, they are just as "in it" as anyone else.

85851[/snapback]

Their D has slipped alot this year, I'm not talking stats, I'm talking that Jason Taylor is too light to take on the double and triple teams. Last year they got a lot of production out of Ogunleye (sp?) and that helped free-up Taylor, but he's gone, and opponents can now focus on Taylor. It's been working. Junior is a shadow of his former self, but he still dances well, so they keep him around. Zach is undersized, and with only one effective DL, the OLs are getting hats on him and taking him out of games. Their secondary, at one time dominant, is old and prone to being lit up.

Their WRs aren't terrible, but it's hard for them to make plays while in the training room, which is exactly where they've been for 2 years.

Their OL blows. Their QB situation is a joke. One of the few bright spots has been the play of Sammy Morris.

They won't make the playoffs next year, end of story.

One win.

85826[/snapback]

Sounds kinda like people on this board after we beat the Felons. :angry: