'Please don't bring your teenager to Nebraska'

scribo

Ed Lavandera of CNN reports...

Some people who brought children into this world are taking advantage of a poorly worded Nebraskan law and are dropping their offspring at hospitals! The "safe haven" law was intended to allow parents to hand over an infant anonymously to a hospital without being prosecuted. Of the 34 children who have been dropped off at hospitals, officials said not one has been an infant.

All but six have been older than 10, according to a Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services analysis.

There are even people flying in from other states to drop their children off.

Man, that's pathetic. Can you imagine dropping off a ten year old and leaving them? I understand if a parent wants to use it as a type of protection program for a kid who's maybe being hunted by another gang or something but I doubt those are the majority of the kids. Just another sign that this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

From the article. There are 6,600 children in state custody, according to the Department of Health and Human Services. Per capita the figure is one of the highest rates in the country, Landry said.

I guess that's what happens to a culture that teaches abstinence over safe sex and contraception.

They'll do a better job with Healthcare, I just know it.

There's a silver lining of sorts. In exchange for lousy care, stuckincincy & Co. will be relieved of 5K per year coverage outlay.

Obama voters...a dollar earned can be an incremental dollar for non-working good 'ole stuck! Work with determination and pride, please! :wallbash:

:thumbsup:

There's a silver lining of sorts. In exchange for lousy care, stuckincincy & Co. will be relieved of 5K per year coverage outlay.

Obama voters...a dollar earned can be an incremental dollar for non-working good 'ole stuck! Work with determination and pride, please! :wallbash:

Why do you have such a bleak outlook on life? If you hate the government that much why don't you just move to Canada?

Only 34? :wallbash:

I would have thought there would have been thousands of parents itching to dump their self-important, sassy, criminal, drug addict, full-of-self-esteem snots into the laps of the State.

Hey Cincy... It is your generation (I said YOUR gen, not YOU) that was breeding these bRats.

Cincy's theme song:

I wrote her off for the tenth time today

And practiced all the things I would say

But she came over

I lost my nerve

I took her back and made her dessert

Now I know I'm being used

That's ok because I like the abuse

I know she's playing with me

That's okay cause I've got no self-esteem

We make plans to go out at night

I wait till 2 then I turn out the light

All this rejection's got me so low

If she keeps it up I just might tell her so

When she's saying that she wants only me

Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends

When she's saying that I'm like a disease

Then I wonder how much more I can spend

Well I guess I should stick up for myself

But I really think it's better this way

The more you suffer

The more it shows you really care, Right?

Now I'll relate this a little bit

That happens more than I'd like to admit

Late at night she knocks on my door

Drunk again and looking to score

Now I know I should say no

But that's kind of hard when she's ready to go

I may be dumb

But I'm not a dweeb

I'm just a sucker with no self-esteem

~The Offspring, Self-Esteem

:lol: Back at ya!

Why do you have such a bleak outlook on life? If you hate the government that much why don't you just move to Canada?

I don't. No more so than anyone who has peddled around the planet for a period of time, and can recount the blows.

Canada? Are you thick? That is one of the last places I'd care to go to, to avoid an overarching government.. :wallbash: .

I don't. No more so than anyone who has peddled around the planet for a period of time, and can recount the blows.

Canada? Are you thick? That is one of the last places I'd care to go to, to avoid an overarching government.. :wallbash: .

What first-world western country would you pick, then? I'm sure you will find most have more gov't. involvement, than the good old USA.