Problems with the Aud tear down?

Gordio

I heard the other day on the radio that there are now complications of the Aud being torn down. I guess the contractors that won the bid had a low bid with the contingency that they could keep all the steel. Now that the steel prices have dropped significantly they want more money. Anybody else hear or read about this?

If it is true, man that is just typical. It will probably be in the courts for another five years. Can't this city accomplish anything without f*cking it up?

I heard the other day on the radio that there are now complications of the Aud being torn down. I guess the contractors that won the bid had a low bid with the contingency that they could keep all the steel. Now that the steel prices have dropped significantly they want more money. Anybody else hear or read about this?

If it is true, man that is just typical. It will probably be in the courts for another five years. Can't this city accomplish anything without f*cking it up?

Well, did the contract stipulate a threshold low price for scrap steel? If not, the contractor can go and pound salt and their appeal to a court would be adjudicated in ten minutes.

Well, did the contract stipulate a threshold low price for scrap steel? If not, the contractor can go and pound salt and their appeal to a court would be adjudicated in ten minutes.

The contractor could just walk away from their bid and would loose a couple 100k bond they had to post. They said the bid they submitted assumed they would be able to make as much on the scrap sale as on the contract and that is what made the job profitable to them. At current scrap price they would lose money on the job, thus it might be cheaper to forfeit the bond and walk away....

When planning for tearing down the aud original estimated from the city counted on bids to be around 4 million, most bids actually came in below 2 mil.

The contractor could just walk away from their bid and would loose a couple 100k bond they had to post. They said the bid they submitted assumed they would be able to make as much on the scrap sale as on the contract and that is what made the job profitable to them. At current scrap price they would lose money on the job, thus it might be cheaper to forfeit the bond and walk away....

When planning for tearing down the aud original estimated from the city counted on bids to be around 4 million, most bids actually came in below 2 mil.

Ah..I gather then, that there is no existing signed contract between the City and this demolition company yet.

Ah..I gather then, that there is no existing signed contract between the City and this demolition company yet.

I believe the contract still has to be finalized with the state, a formality, but that seems to be the case.

In the article I read, it seems that there may be more talking going on between the parties.

Here, I found the article....

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/492145.html?imw=Y

I believe the contract still has to be finalized with the state, a formality, but that seems to be the case.

In the article I read, it seems that there may be more talking going on between the parties.

Here, I found the article....

http://www.buffalonews.com/145/story/492145.html?imw=Y

Jeeze...the City should have worked better terms if the contractor stated that they expected to recoup more than 2M for scrap value on a 1.3M contract in the first place... :wallbash:

I had just heard Larry Quinn in the last couple of weeks stating that he hoped Bass Pro could be open by Dec 2010 when the World Jr. Hockey Championships come to town. Instead, we can't even get a contract signed to knock down the building that is standing in the way of Bass Pro, let alone get something built in a timely manner. WTF!

I had just heard Larry Quinn in the last couple of weeks stating that he hoped Bass Pro could be open by Dec 2010 when the World Jr. Hockey Championships come to town. Instead, we can't even get a contract signed to knock down the building that is standing in the way of Bass Pro, let alone get something built in a timely manner. WTF!

That's the region, the wheels of progress

Is it just me? WTF? "In time for the Bass Pro."

<_<:w00t:

What the heck are people going to buy at Bass Pro when making the World Jr. event?

Why doesn't the region just have church bake sale.

Sorry, for being being so cynical.

:lol:

That was the problem I heard, the ity is still loking over the contract but gave them the go ahead to start, the City hasn'tsigned the deal yet. I think they were too busy trying to get back the stolen items from the arena so they can re-sell them then do something meaningless like sign a contract

Is it just me? WTF? "In time for the Bass Pro."

:lol::lol:

What the heck are people going to buy at Bass Pro when making the World Jr. event?

Why doesn't the region just have church bake sale.

Sorry, for being being so cynical.

:lol:

The point is to have some significant development completed in the next two years whether it be Bass Pro/entertainment/retail/lodging and all the other things the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corp. keep "talking" about.

That being said, the new "master plan" was promised in August, then September. Haven't heard a word about it since then.

No accountability=no results. :lol: