Where do I find XM program listings?

stuckincincy

My wife bought a new car off the lot, that has an XM radio and 3 months of free usage. The XM sites are closed - since they merged with Sirius...is that where we go for the program listings?

The vehicle also has Bluetooth capability, with one of those dongles affixed at the rear of the roof. Just the thing for two people with pay-as-you-go cell phones. :wallbash:

Thanks! My search was...brief. :wallbash:

We likely won't subscribe - Mr. & Mrs. stuckincincy have been known to travel for long distances with the radio off. :thumbsup:

After my initial 3 month subscription (free with my car ended) I told them I did not want to continue service, they offered me 3 more months for free, I took it. After another 3 months they offered me another 3 months for $5 a month when I called to cancel and the CSR seemed to be telling me that I was eligible for 1 more 3 months for $5 a month extention when this 3 month period comes to an end.

I love the service while I am barely paying for it. I'm basically getting my first year for $30 and in addition to in my car, listen every day at my desk at work over the interwebs.

After my initial 3 month subscription (free with my car ended) I told them I did not want to continue service, they offered me 3 more months for free, I took it. After another 3 months they offered me another 3 months for $5 a month when I called to cancel and the CSR seemed to be telling me that I was eligible for 1 more 3 months for $5 a month extention when this 3 month period comes to an end.

I love the service while I am barely paying for it. I'm basically getting my first year for $30 and in addition to in my car, listen every day at my desk at work over the interwebs.

Wow - thanks for that info!

I remember posting once, wondering why folks would want satellite radio. A TSW member who lives in LA told me that it was a godsend for those stuck in traffic for hours.

Wow - thanks for that info!

I remember posting once, wondering why folks would want satellite radio. A TSW member who lives in LA told me that it was a godsend for those stuck in traffic for hours.

I was like you at one time. Then I went on a trip with somebody who had it, and that's all it took for me.

I'll never go back to terrestrial radio. It cannot match the musical selection and diversity of sat.

I think I have listened to every station offered at one time or another, and found myself listening to stuff I would have never thought of.

Stuff like radio classics. Original broadcasts of radio shows like The Shadow and X-Minus 1.

The new Sirius/XM merger screwed up the programming. Satellite radio is crap now. You're paying for the same sh-- you can get on terrestrial radio.

That's unfortunate you think that way.

If it was true, then I suppose you would have no problem providing the call letters of the station in your area that play the following formats:

Country and Western (this should be an easy one)

Rock (another easy one)

Top 40 (even people living in east podunk have one of these nearby)

HipHop/Rap (while very popular, still does not saturate the airwaves like the previous three)

Bluegrass (not to be confused with country and western)

Metal/Industrial (not to be confused with rock)

R&B (no, not the same as rap)

Jazz/Skat (the hardcore stuff, not for the timid)

Smooth jazz (for the timid jazz fan)

Blues (not r&b)

Good luck finding one that plays these next ones

NFL Network

Comedy

Howard Stern

Playboy/adult

Maybe you should try listening to more than one station.

Or you could try hooking up with Claude and Veter (sp?).

That's unfortunate you think that way.

If it was true, then I suppose you would have no problem providing the call letters of the station in your area that play the following formats:

Country and Western (this should be an easy one)

Rock (another easy one)

Top 40 (even people living in east podunk have one of these nearby)

HipHop/Rap (while very popular, still does not saturate the airwaves like the previous three)

Bluegrass (not to be confused with country and western)

Metal/Industrial (not to be confused with rock)

R&B (no, not the same as rap)

Jazz/Skat (the hardcore stuff, not for the timid)

Smooth jazz (for the timid jazz fan)

Blues (not r&b)

Good luck finding one that plays these next ones

NFL Network

Comedy

Howard Stern

Playboy/adult

Maybe you should try listening to more than one station.

Or you could try hooking up with Claude and Veter (sp?).

Let's try to find a good electronica station anymore on either Satrad or terrestrial radio.

O WAIT THEY CANCELED THEM ALL WITH THE CHANNEL UPDATE.

My wife bought a new car off the lot, that has an XM radio and 3 months of free usage. The XM sites are closed - since they merged with Sirius...is that where we go for the program listings?

The vehicle also has Bluetooth capability, with one of those dongles affixed at the rear of the roof. Just the thing for two people with pay-as-you-go cell phones. :w00t:

Are your pay-as-you-go cell phones BlueTooth compliant? All it is is a hand's free device... Never thought I would like the one that came in our 2006 Pacifica, didn't think we would use it... But, it is quite a nice feature... Same with the back-up alarm... Really!

<_<

Let's try to find a good electronica station anymore on either Satrad or terrestrial radio.

O WAIT THEY CANCELED THEM ALL WITH THE CHANNEL UPDATE.

So much to offer, and so focused on one format. You are right. They are the same. <_<

So much to offer, and so focused on one format. You are right. They are the same. :lol:

Yeah, because they shouldn't have variety in every genre. You're right, they should just focus on offering plenty of mainstream channels. :lol:

!@#$ THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE OTHER STUFF. Sound just like a Sirius/XM exec! Congrats!

dude...i pay 13.00 every 6 months for my sirius subscription, and that is the standard rate.....so your little "scheme" is not a very good deal.....and yeah i get the internet access as well :lol: