Lieberman

2 Democrats to Submit Compromise on Lieberman

Senators and aides said yesterday that Sens. Christopher J. Dodd (Conn.) and Ken Salazar (Colo.) will present a plan at a caucus meeting that would strip Lieberman of a low-profile subcommittee chairmanship, possibly one on global warming. But Lieberman would retain the gavel of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

Someone who loses their party's primary then accepts millions of GOP dollars to run as an "independent," acts as one of the loudest cheerleaders for the worst President in history, campaigns with the GOP, lambasts the Dem candidate and then whines that he'll switch parties if he doesn't get to keep the committee chair that the Dems didn't really have to give him in the first place, is not only unneeded but should be booted to the chair in the Senate washroom. Holy Joe is not a voice of reason. He is not a distinguished statesman. Lieberman is a tool. I hope he ends up making his switch to the GOP official, and I hope that he is sped on his way by the Dems tomorrow.

You know how we would treat a rat-bastard like Lieberman back in the day, dontcha? That coc#sucker deserves every bad thing that can happen to him.

But, it's politics, and so you know that they will find some way to make it a lot less painful than it should be. The compromise to let him keep his chairmanships, is horrid though, IMO. Fuc# that little weasel.

Lieberman keeps his Chairmanship with a vote of 42-13. He loses his other chairmanship. Personally, I think this is a good thing. He deserved to be ousted, but Obama is coming in with the idea of putting aside the vengeful partisanship. This was a way to do it right from the start without losing much, as well as keeping the seat in the caucuses.

Lieberman keeps his Chairmanship with a vote of 42-13. He loses his other chairmanship. Personally, I think this is a good thing. He deserved to be ousted, but Obama is coming in with the idea of putting aside the vengeful partisanship. This was a way to do it right from the start without losing much, as well as keeping the seat in the caucuses.

The mofo should have to get around in a wheelchair, but you are probably right.

Let me be the first to say, I see no way in hell that Saxby Chambliss loses to Democrat Jim Martin down here in the GA run off. I think that the people down here are too conservative in general and the votes for the 3rd candidate siphoned away votes from the incumbent Chambliss. Also, since there is no vote for Obama, i think that less black voters will be at the polling stations. So, Martin is S.O.L.

therefore, I do not see a way the Dems get a filibuster-proof 60 senators.

Yeah but out of anybody, Coleman and Stevens included, don't most decent folk want to see Chambliss go down? I thought Alaska was over until I followed up on Johnny Coli's lead. Given the power of the democrat machinary I wouldn't put GA out of reach just yet. Plus Saxy seems to be running the same ads now as he ran against Cleland. That's reason enuff to throw the dybbuk out of power.

Who won Missouri anyway? Anyone know?

You know how we would treat a rat-bastard like Lieberman back in the day, dontcha? That coc#sucker deserves every bad thing that can happen to him.

But, it's politics, and so you know that they will find some way to make it a lot less painful than it should be. The compromise to let him keep his chairmanships, is horrid though, IMO. Fuc# that little weasel.

Lieberman is a toolbox...that is a given. I often wondered why the heck they elected him again. KD had a good point that he's independent and speaks for the citizens of Connecticut...but, why doesn't he just change parties? It would make sense seeing as the Republican Party has few moderate voices left.

Either way fact remains is that the quiet now in Iraq could explode again...wouldn't hurt to have a hawk like Lieberman working for a solution...instead of being run over by the dems new found power.