Lieberman

They don't need him. However Obama does not want him ostracized. I personally think they should put him in charge of the men's room but...whatever. If Obama is ok with it - given that it was HE who went out on a limb for Lieberman when he needed help, but then got backstabbed by Lieberman - then I guess the rest of the Dems in the Senate should let it go.

Franken keeps gaining votes, as does Begich. With a runoff election looming in GA would it be wise for the dems to ostracize Joe?

Yeah, isn't it amazing that in a hotly contested election, an election worker suddenly finds misplaced ballots in her car a week after the vote. Equally amazing was that nearly all ballots were for Franken. Shocking, I tell you. He just keeps gaining votes.

Yeah, isn't it amazing that in a hotly contested election, an election worker suddenly finds misplaced ballots in her car a week after the vote. Equally amazing was that nearly all ballots were for Franken. Shocking, I tell you. He just keeps gaining votes.

Link? I heard that was bull sh-- but it was from Olbermann so...well, so

And laughably Stormin' Norman wanted Franken to concede immediately...when there has to, by state law, be an automatic recount. Nice try former senator Coleman.

Needed? Probably not. Might be wise for the Dems to keep Lieberman in the fold, tho. I hear that Reid basically wants/ed to strip him of chairmanships (Homeland Security and Environment). Well... if that's what they want to do there's no stopping them.

I think, however, the country would be better served by putting someone at the head of the table who has experience and knowledge. Electioneering and the pettiness should be over; actual governance is what's important in the coming years. Good to see that Obama is actually sending this message, publicly at least.

Franken keeps gaining votes, as does Begich. With a runoff election looming in GA would it be wise for the dems to ostracize Joe?

Let me be the first to say, I see no way in hell that Saxby Chambliss loses to Democrat Jim Martin down here in the GA run off. I think that the people down here are too conservative in general and the votes for the 3rd candidate siphoned away votes from the incumbent Chambliss. Also, since there is no vote for Obama, i think that less black voters will be at the polling stations. So, Martin is S.O.L.

therefore, I do not see a way the Dems get a filibuster-proof 60 senators.

Yet, it still doesn't explain away the disproportinate gains by Franken relative to the other candidates.

I don't trust (or like) Franken, I don't trust Coleman at all, I don't trust either party in the state, I don't trust the election commission, I don't trust the Sec of State, and I surely don't trust the voters of Minnesota. :wallbash:

I'm sure the 'every vote counts' crowd will protest long and loud about 'stolen elections'. :wallbash:

Someone who loses their party's primary then accepts millions of GOP dollars to run as an "independent," acts as one of the loudest cheerleaders for the worst President in history, campaigns with the GOP, lambasts the Dem candidate and then whines that he'll switch parties if he doesn't get to keep the committee chair that the Dems didn't really have to give him in the first place, is not only unneeded but should be booted to the chair in the Senate washroom. Holy Joe is not a voice of reason. He is not a distinguished statesman. Lieberman is a tool. I hope he ends up making his switch to the GOP official, and I hope that he is sped on his way by the Dems tomorrow.

Someone who loses their party's primary then accepts millions of GOP dollars to run as an "independent," acts as one of the loudest cheerleaders for the worst President in history, campaigns with the GOP, lambasts the Dem candidate and then whines that he'll switch parties if he doesn't get to keep the committee chair that the Dems didn't really have to give him in the first place, is not only unneeded but should be booted to the chair in the Senate washroom. Holy Joe is not a voice of reason. He is not a distinguished statesman. Lieberman is a tool. I hope he ends up making his switch to the GOP official, and I hope that he is sped on his way by the Dems tomorrow.

Secret Ballot To Decide Lieberman's Fate