John Guy and Tom Modrak continue to escape blame

freester

Lets be realistic, Jauron is here for a while. What is the likelyhood that Guy or Modrak or Perry Fewell are let go at the end of the season?

I'm not sure if Modrak is involved with pro personnel evaluation in even the smallest way, but Guy should definitely be shown the curb and if he is running his FA recommendations by Modrak, then they both should go.

Posey

Triplett

Fowler

Teague

Dockery

Royal

Price(the 2nd time around)

Darwin Walker(trade fiasco)

etc...

Quote from 1/2008 espn.com article...

Director of college scouting Tom Modrak and director of pro scouting John Guy both were elevated by owner Ralph Wilson to vice president in their respective departments. Wilson called Guy and Modrak "very deserving" of the promotions.

What a joke!

I'm on record here as not being a fan of Guy at all. But I honestly thought the Stroud, Spencer and Mitchell pickups were great. The only person I'm changing my opinion on is Spencer.

But I also think the problems are systemic. This franchise is traumatized from previous losses and administrations. Players who are great come here and end up being mediocre. Mediocre players leave here and end up being excellent elsewhere. See Andre Davis. See London Fletcher. See others.

Makes you wonder what the *real* problem is.

C

2005 and 2006 drafts were solid perhaps still too early to tell but 2007 is looking more like a bust of a draft. Problem is that each draft is more critical to the Bills than anyone else in the division due to the fact that they have trouble attracting FA's and their talent level is lower than others (except maybe Miami) in the division.

Letss be realistic, Jauron is here for a while. What is the likelyhood that Guy or Modrak or Perry Fewell are let go at the end of the season?

One need look no futher than the AFCE division to see the personnel departments are poor.

After three years with THIS new regime and coaches, Miami and New York are walking right past

the Bills. Miami turning it around in 1 year, and the two teams that combined for 5 wins last years

are already have win 11 games, and ahead of the Buffalo in the AFCE standings.

Buffalo is currently in 4th place and teams have figured the Bills out: Buffalo coaches can not adjust.

B-)

Letss be realistic, Jauron is here for a while. What is the likelyhood that Guy or Modrak or Perry Fewell are let go at the end of the season?

Well...I'm not necessarily defending Our Personnel Department with this statement...BUT...They certainly are going to have to be WAY better to give Ol' Dead Dick enough Players to Win a Championship with...That much is clear...

Oh...a not-so-little BTW...DJ has final say on ALL Personnel matters...So...Who is really to blame in that Department???

Discuss... B-)