If You're A Conservative Gay, Try The I Was Molested Defense.

Steely Dan

I am not trying to say anything about molested children. We all know that's a horrendous crime. My point is that it seems the ultra-conservatives need to find excuses rather than be honest. Were they or weren't they molested? I don't know but I'm highly suspicious. There are many, many molested children that have not contracted "contact gay" most of them have to deal with what happened and then they get on with their lives.

Haggard story

DENVER -- Two years after a sex scandal forced him out of his job as pastor of New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Ted Haggard took the pulpit and said he was abused as a child. B-)

Jones told 7NEWS Wednesday that Haggard has the right to say what he would like and added that he, too, contemplated suicide after the scandal broke and felt betrayed by the gay community.

"Ted Haggard is correct by saying the Christian community, like the National Association of Evangelicals, turned their back to him, as the gay community, like the Human Rights Campaign, turned their back on me. I have learned image and money is more important than reality," Jones said.

I find it interesting he finds the gay community turning on him an issue.

Mark Foley

Shortly after his resignation, his attorney announced that Foley was gay and an alcoholic and had been molested by a priest as a teenage altar boy in Florida. Foley then checked himself into a treatment facility.

"I loved my early life, and then along comes a priest ... who forces me into a sexual relationship at the age of 12. And right shortly thereafter, I fail eighth grade, I start drugs, I start drinking, I start smoking," he said. "My entire life ... implodes."

I think making excuses by alleging molestation is really lame.

I am not trying to say anything about molested children. We all know that's a horrendous crime. My point is that it seems the ultra-conservatives need to find excuses rather than be honest. Were they or weren't they molested? I don't know but I'm highly suspicious. There are many, many molested children that have not contracted "contact gay" most of them have to deal with what happened and then they get on with their lives.

Haggard story

DENVER -- Two years after a sex scandal forced him out of his job as pastor of New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Ted Haggard took the pulpit and said he was abused as a child. B-)

Jones told 7NEWS Wednesday that Haggard has the right to say what he would like and added that he, too, contemplated suicide after the scandal broke and felt betrayed by the gay community.

"Ted Haggard is correct by saying the Christian community, like the National Association of Evangelicals, turned their back to him, as the gay community, like the Human Rights Campaign, turned their back on me. I have learned image and money is more important than reality," Jones said.

I find it interesting he finds the gay community turning on him an issue.

Mark Foley

Shortly after his resignation, his attorney announced that Foley was gay and an alcoholic and had been molested by a priest as a teenage altar boy in Florida. Foley then checked himself into a treatment facility.

"I loved my early life, and then along comes a priest ... who forces me into a sexual relationship at the age of 12. And right shortly thereafter, I fail eighth grade, I start drugs, I start drinking, I start smoking," he said. "My entire life ... implodes."

I think making excuses by alleging molestation is really lame.

I'm confused as to who the gay community "turned" on. Did they turn on Haggart? When were they EVER on his side? He comes from the ilk that deems homosexuality a CHOICE and a shameful one at that. I don't see how or when the gay community would have ever embraced this guy in the first place.

After the "a big scary black guy attacked me and carved a B in my face" incident, I was listening to/watching/reading something about this sort of subtle racism, and how white folks that lie about crimes committed by or against them, often invoke racial minorities as a their immediate scapegoat. That's how I'm reading this bit about the priest. It could very well be true, but nowadays it just seems like a cop out. BLAME THE PRIESTS!

But if true, and if this guy's life was truly in a tailspin, how on Earth did ever achieve such prominence in the first place? Was he "saved?" Boy, wouldn't that be poetic- the same institution that drove him to a life of sin, welcomes him back into the realm of purity! Lifetime Original Movie, anyone?

I'm confused as to who the gay community "turned" on. Did they turn on Haggart? When were they EVER on his side? He comes from the ilk that deems homosexuality a CHOICE and a shameful one at that. I don't see how or when the gay community would have ever embraced this guy in the first place.

After the "a big scary black guy attacked me and carved a B in my face" incident, I was listening to/watching/reading something about this sort of subtle racism, and how white folks that lie about crimes committed by or against them, often invoke racial minorities as a their immediate scapegoat. That's how I'm reading this bit about the priest. It could very well be true, but nowadays it just seems like a cop out. BLAME THE PRIESTS!

But if true, and if this guy's life was truly in a tailspin, how on Earth did ever achieve such prominence in the first place? Was he "saved?" Boy, wouldn't that be poetic- the same institution that drove him to a life of sin, welcomes him back into the realm of purity! Lifetime Original Movie, anyone?

A better way of summing up my point. Thanks. As to blaming blacks two words, Susan Smith.