It's Deja Vu All Over Again...

VJ91

It was hardly infamous. It's been forgotten by the media, the fans, and hopefully the Bills. It was a regular season game with our back-up quarterback starting. Not exactly the superbowl.

Well I haven't forgotten it. Now if the Bills were 7-2 or even 6-3 right now, I wouldn't be bringing it up. But the similarities going into Monday's game to last year's team have become stark.

So now it's up to this year's team to kick the Browns' butts all over the Ralph while making Quinn wish he was back on the bench...to make this a new and better season moving forward.

Don't worry, this Bills are gonna win it Monday night. They almost pulled it off against a superior Cowboys team last year!

I agree, confidence is a must. You can't win with a losing attitude which, oh by the way, breeds contempt and spreads like a disease. Nobody likes to lose, and I refuse to believe that anyone in the locker room doesn't want to win.

Bills are gonna make the playoff's - just you wait and see...

What I'm sick of is the constant complaining. I love coming to the boards to talk about the team, but when we constantly see complaints about how horrible Jauron is when there is nothing that any of us can do about it, it gets old....fast.

No, I'm not one of those "fans" who blames the QB for every loss and is "happy with the losing mentality". I was a fan during the Joe Ferguson & Joe Cribbs era (you guys know who they are, right?) and during the 2-14 years in the early-mid 80s. I love the team and I will always follow the team. Kelly is one of my all-time favorite players, too.

I don't jump ship during a 3-game losing streak and claim that "I'm done with this team. I'm now rooting for the <current team with the best record in the league>." I'm a bills fan through & through. I'll root for them in Buffalo, Toronto, LA, or Puerto Rico, if need be.

So when I say give it up, I mean it. It's tiring to see everyone here complain & gripe for days on end. Let's move on to Monday night w/o the sarcasm. I'd rather talk about what they need to do and how....instead of looking back at how things went bad. I'm pretty sure the players & coaches are doing the same.

I like the thoughts. However, one of the purposes of a forum like this board is to allow for communication. People who want to complain are more apt to do so vs. those who have something favorable to say. There has actually been research done on this relative to customer service - I believe the statistics ended up saying that if the average consumer had bad service somewhere they were likely to tell five people. If they had good service they were only likely to tell one person.

In some ways the fans of this board are following the same trend.

Like you, I would prefer to see less complaining but given their hot start this year and at best the mediocrity of the last decade it is hard not to be down at the moment. I hope some stability at coaching, qb and the front office leads to better things in the seasons to come but I also want tot see these guys learn to win now.

What I'm sick of is the constant complaining. I love coming to the boards to talk about the team, but when we constantly see complaints about how horrible Jauron is when there is nothing that any of us can do about it, it gets old....fast.

No, I'm not one of those "fans" who blames the QB for every loss and is "happy with the losing mentality". I was a fan during the Joe Ferguson & Joe Cribbs era (you guys know who they are, right?) and during the 2-14 years in the early-mid 80s. I love the team and I will always follow the team. Kelly is one of my all-time favorite players, too.

I don't jump ship during a 3-game losing streak and claim that "I'm done with this team. I'm now rooting for the <current team with the best record in the league>." I'm a bills fan through & through. I'll root for them in Buffalo, Toronto, LA, or Puerto Rico, if need be.

So when I say give it up, I mean it. It's tiring to see everyone here complain & gripe for days on end. Let's move on to Monday night w/o the sarcasm. I'd rather talk about what they need to do and how....instead of looking back at how things went bad. I'm pretty sure the players & coaches are doing the same.

Almost as old as posts like this. If you can't write a post like this here, where can you? And it is a pretty valid point he is making. For all the talk of improvement and right on the heels of DJ being extended for another three years, to find ourselves in an eerily similar position as last year is a little surprising. The only thing that will make it better would be a win on Monday.

Almost as old as posts like this. If you can't write a post like this here, where can you? And it is a pretty valid point he is making. For all the talk of improvement and right on the heels of DJ being extended for another three years, to find ourselves in an eerily similar position as last year is a little surprising. The only thing that will make it better would be a win on Monday.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?! NO!

You think I'm a jerk? I'm crushed, I thought I was being both critical and humorous.

Let me ask you a question, did you sit through that 56-10 joke of a game like I did last year on that infamous Sunday night? It was an amazing exhibition of complete anhilalation right in front of us 73,000 excited Bills fans who were expecting a much better effort than that coming off that 4 game winning streak.

I have to admit I'm really pissed that my favorite team is right back to that point in the season when a loss to a struggling yet talented team to Cleveland Monday night will give them the same stupid 5-5 record! Excuse me if I'm being a jerk about it, but when they were 5-1, I really never saw this coming.....did you? Aren't you upset about it? Do you really care? Do you have a pulse, or are you really coach Jauron posting out here.

Forget about reasoning with the unreasonable. A culture dedicated to blindly accepting mediocrity has developed among some Bills fans. There is nothing you can say which will convince them that Buffalo is an exception and eight years of no playoffs is outrageous.

I'm not sure what's worse: having a team like Buffalo that teases you every year or being a Detroit fan where you know the team isn't going to do anything. But if your a fan that demands some accountability, go on being who you are. There are still a few who think Buffalo has serious issues.

Well I haven't forgotten it. Now if the Bills were 7-2 or even 6-3 right now, I wouldn't be bringing it up. But the similarities going into Monday's game to last year's team have become stark.

So now it's up to this year's team to kick the Browns' butts all over the Ralph while making Quinn wish he was back on the bench...to make this a new and better season moving forward.

I haven't forgotten about it either. The Pats* are well on their way to drubbing us like the Dolphins did in the '70s (minus the 2003 opener fluke). The fact that some people here don't care or still don't see them as our biggest rivals boggles my mind. 55-10. If I were in Jauron's shoes, whenever we play them, I'd be screaming, I WANT SOME BUTT! I WANNA SEE SNOT BUBBLES COMING OUTTA THEIR NOSES. I WANNA SEE THEIR QUARTERBACK LIMPING. I WANNA SEE THAT PUNK WILFORK GET A TASTE OF HIS OWN DAMN MEDICINE! I DON'T CARE IF YOU NEED TO TAKE A PENALTY OR TWO WHEN THEY'RE DEEP IN THEIR HALF. SCREW FINESSE! MAKE THEM HURT!!

All we ever get, tho, is "Ho hum."

You know, a light suddenly went on. I don't despise the Dolphins any more. It took (what, could it really be 30?) years but what do you know, it is the Patriots that I HATE. The Cowboys of course are hated, but the Patriots with cheating and constantly beating us on ref calls and lucky plays. I hate everything about them. Hadn't really realized how much they piss me off and that the torch had been passed. Until we can beat them, we won't be winners. And I agree find some "Conrad Dobler" :lol: