WSOP. Eastgate collects 9.15 Million!!

erynthered

Thanks for putting the winner in the title, now I don't have to watch the recorded version....Good job! :blink:

:unsure:

Glad I watched it the other night now....

**SPOILERS BELOW****

Eastgate played very well, but DAMN the last 3 guys made it easy for him, each one betting into him when he had huge hands. Unreal. I thought the Russian guy panicked a bit with his last bet. He had been so good during the final table.

Thanks for putting the winner in the title, now I don't have to watch the recorded version....Good job! :blink:

Hey, In case you like Country Music and have to watch another replay, here are the winners for the CMA show last night too.

2008 CMA AWARD WINNERS:

Entertainer of the Year: Kenny Chesney

Female Vocalist of the Year: Carrie Underwood

Male Vocalist of the Year: Brad Paisley

New Artist of the Year: Lady Antebellum

Vocal Group of the Year: Rascal Flatts

Vocal Duo of the Year: Sugarland

Single of the Year: "I Saw God Today," George Strait; produced by Tony Brown and George Strait

Album of the Year: Troubadour, George Strait; produced by Tony Brown and George Strait

Song of the Year: “Stay,” Jennifer Nettles

Musical Event of the Year: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, “Gone Gone Gone”

Video of the Year: “Waitin’ On A Woman,” Brad Paisley featuring Andy Griffith; directed by Jim Shea & Peter Tilden

Musician of the Year: Mac McAnally –- guitar

Eastgate played very well, but DAMN the last 3 guys made it easy for him, each one betting into him when he had huge hands. Unreal. I thought the Russian guy panicked a bit with his last bet. He had been so good during the final table.

Heads up and the Russian had 2 pr (K's and 3's (or was it 2's))...Anyways...heads up 2 pr with top pair....I'm All in...to bad the guy had the wheel.

Eastgate was expressionless the whole final table and when he won.

Isn't he the one who Helmuth called a stupid European player? Then He broke Helmuths record of the youngest to win the WSOP...Good for him.

I was surprised this wasn't brought up earlier. Not sure if anybody even realized but this was a big deal this year because they showed the final table 2 days after it occurred, not 4 months. I thought for the short period of time they had the production was pretty good. I'm a big poker fan so I would have preferred a longer episode, maybe 4 hours? than the 2 hour episode that aired but that may not be appealing to the masses. i'm also the same guy who used to pay for the ppv of the live final table without hole cards and watch almost every hand. i think they were really hoping to get some mainstream sponsors this year and it didn't look like that happened but i'm sure the economy we're in now didn't help that.

as always i'm going to plug a great website for getting news and info on the poker world: Poker Road is the brainchild of Barry Greenstein and Joe Sebok (his son). There's a lot of news, some good blogs and excellent podcasts, actually by far the best podcasts of any sort that I have found. Even if you don't like poker Two Jacks in the Hole is a non poker podcast that is really funny. That's all for now.

WAR - Tiffany Michelle eating french fries with her hands at the poker table

He did you a favor. Think of all the things you can do with the time you just saved.

Agreed, actually I am watching it right now while "working". Hardly any bluffing to this point, very tight play. Rheem just eliminated. Still not cool posting the winner in the title though...

Update: just finished watching. Wow, was Eastgate catching cards or what. The Russian played excellent poker, but Eastgate caught the cards...

Heads up and the Russian had 2 pr (K's and 3's (or was it 2's))...Anyways...heads up 2 pr with top pair....I'm All in...to bad the guy had the wheel.

He had 2s and 4s, not top pair; IIRC they both made their hands on the turn. I agree that any 2 pr heads up is a big hand, just didn't seem like Eastgate was going away.

Then again, I forgot how short his stack was, so he may have been pot committed anyway.

WAR - Tiffany Michelle eating french fries with her hands at the poker table

Holy crap is she an annoying snot. I was happy when she got bounced out and had to STFU. How do you call time on a guy pondering an all-in call when you are down to the last 25 people in that tournament?

People still watch this stuff?

Yes, but now it's mostly people who play poker. The fad following 'tards are off to the next shiny object.