Some good news at OBD today

K-Gun10

Butler and Reed closer

By Chris Brown - Posted November 12th, 2008

Brad Butler was taking first team reps at right guard at the beginning of practice Wednesday. Butler has missed the last three games with a sprained MCL. I think his chances are decent to be ready for the Monday night game.

Josh Reed is not practicing with his teammates, but was doing work on the side with the trainers and looked pretty limber driving off his ankle. If he can practice by Friday he should have an outside chance of playing.

Not practicing however, was James Hardy. Aaron Schobel was also not practicing and it looked as though Langston Walker was limited as well.

Tags: Aaron Schobel, Brad Butler, James Hardy, Josh Reed, Langston Walker

Whitner practicing

By Chris Brown - Posted November 12th, 2008

Donte Whitner was practicing for the first time on Wednesday since suffering a separated shoulder against the Jets.

Whitner is obviously not 100 percent as he is not using his arms to reach up to catches footballs and is likely working on a non-contact basis. But he did line up with the first team defense at the start of practice.

We’ll find out how likely or unlikely it is that he’ll play on Monday night. Personally I think he’s a long shot, but you know Whitner being a Cleveland native really wants to play in this one. We’ll see what Dick Jauron says in his afternoon press conference at 2:30pm.

Tags: Donte Whitner

Any word about why Hardy wasn't practicing?

Hip injury from the Pats* game.

Not sure when or how he got it considering he caught the TD at the end of th game. My guess... it's nothing serious and he's out just getting a little rest on it but will be playing come Monday.