Sirius/XM Changes

Chilly

Howard reports on the Sirius channels' popularity sometimes. He says Hits 1 is the #2 station (behind him) so another hits station makes sense.

I don't listen to the music stations anywhere as much as the talk ones so the music shuffling doesn't bother me much. (A little annoyed to lose Buzzsaw to AC/DC radio for a bit.)

I know that 80s on 8 (formerly The Big 80s) has been in the top 3 consistently and #1 from time to time.

Probably because of the presence of the four living original MTV VJs.

For those of you under age 21, MTV used to play music videos. All the time.

I almost canceled last week. For similar reasons. They used to have the Punk Channel on 124. It was the only music station I listened to on there. They replaced it with a all AC/DC station. That, combined with Howard and Co continual campaigning for Obama prompted me to cut it off. I went to do it online but there was no way to do it at their site. Want to make you call I guess but I didn't feel like going through all the holding, automation and so on.

I think AC/DC may be temp? Like they would do with "The Bridge" and other formats that would take over.

??

I have XM - because I love baseball.........I'm away from home with little net access and haven't been in my car in days..........I got an email from XM, but not sure I understand it.........Are we getting a bunch of Sirius stations for the same cost and then if we want The Best of Sirius (Howard, NFL, etc.) that is extra per month?

Howard reports on the Sirius channels' popularity sometimes. He says Hits 1 is the #2 station (behind him) so another hits station makes sense.

I don't listen to the music stations anywhere as much as the talk ones so the music shuffling doesn't bother me much. (A little annoyed to lose Buzzsaw to AC/DC radio for a bit.)

Uh, they have like 10 hits stations now.

lol, I just talked to a Sirius rep who as like... "another person calling about Boombox? here's another number to call, let them know you are gonna cancel, we're getting all kinds of calls about this."

!@#$, BRING BACK BOOMBOX

No idea what boombox is/was. Had Sirius for 5 years.

You didn't know what Boombox is? :lol:

I think I don't... You said: "electronica"... Was it like Area 38 (previous 33)? That is listed as dance/electronic.

??

Sorry... I am just busting your chops... They have all that room, I can't see why they won't keep it.

Frankly, I think Sirius had way better channels (and names) and they could have just left it at that... So I am sorta with you!

I have had XM the past 4 years and they got rid of one of my favorite stations XM 76 Fine Tuning. It was the only station they had that featured Progressive rock. They also played a lot Galeic and Classical music but still played a lot of Porcupine Tree/Yes/old Genesis etc.

Thank god they kept Deep Tracks XM40.

My fav channel is Lithium and I just noticed today since the change it is censored!

I used to listen to this station quite often. This weekend, I finally got back in my truck and heard the change... Depeche Mode?! Why not just emit an inaudible sound that causes my head to explode, it'd be less painful? Then I switch over to Octane and it seemed watered down as well (Jet? on Octane?). Alt Nation had U2 on??? I'm giving it a few weeks to settle out, but I'm on the verge of canceling my subscription. (I finished my 2 hour drive listening to NFL radio.)