Sirius/XM Changes

Chilly

Good God, this sucks.

Woke up this morning to find my favorite Sirius channel, Boombox 39, gone and replaced with some pop2k channel playing only pop songs from the 2000s. To make matters even worse, the update worked for about 5 minutes, and after that I only got an "Antenna Error" from my radio, which is built into my car.

Sirius' site recommends Alt Nation if you liked Boombox. A rock station to replace an electronic station makes absolutely no sense.

I'm heavily considering canceling my account with them. Removing the station I listened to almost exclusively without a replacement and bricking my radio in one update isn't exactly making me a happy customer.

Good God, this sucks.

Woke up this morning to find my favorite Sirius channel, Boombox 39, gone and replaced with some pop2k channel playing only pop songs from the 2000s. To make matters even worse, the update worked for about 5 minutes, and after that I only got an "Antenna Error" from my radio, which is built into my car.

Sirius' site recommends Alt Nation if you liked Boombox. A rock station to replace an electronic station makes absolutely no sense.

I'm heavily considering canceling my account with them. Removing the station I listened to almost exclusively without a replacement and bricking my radio in one update isn't exactly making me a happy customer.

You could always switch to XM. :rolleyes:

Good God, this sucks.

I read this, this morning.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZyY6BZ...dixgVgD94CR3BO0

Good God, this sucks.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Hold on a minute!

You sleep in your car? :wub:

They did bring in some new channels, though.

BB King's Bluesville on Channel 74.

Willie's Place (Willie Nelson) on Channel 64.

Bob Dylan and Tom Petty come to Channel 16's Deep Tracks (formerly The Vault).

I know these probably aren't your cup of tea, Bluefire, but give the changes a chance. :wub:

Good God, this sucks.

I almost canceled last week. For similar reasons. They used to have the Punk Channel on 124. It was the only music station I listened to on there. They replaced it with a all AC/DC station. That, combined with Howard and Co continual campaigning for Obama prompted me to cut it off. I went to do it online but there was no way to do it at their site. Want to make you call I guess but I didn't feel like going through all the holding, automation and so on.

As long as Howard Stern is still on, everything else is gravy. I do wish they could add a Beatles channel. They have Springsteen, Elvis, Sinatra, Grateful Dead, and now Led Zepplin, so why not the Beatles.

The problem with that is that the Beatles' rights holder(s) haven't allowed a lot of their music to be available.

There will be a Guitar Hero or Rock Band Beatles edition (I forget which), but you still can't purchase Beatles songs or albums off iTunes. Which sucks, of course. :wub:

The problem with that is that the Beatles' rights holder(s) haven't allowed a lot of their music to be available.

There will be a Guitar Hero or Rock Band Beatles edition (I forget which), but you still can't purchase Beatles songs or albums off iTunes. Which sucks, of course. :wub:

I don't understand why they won't make them accessable. Now is the time to maximize their exposure and profitablity, while the generation that grew up with them, as well as their children, are the prime spending demographics.

I almost canceled last week. For similar reasons. They used to have the Punk Channel on 124. It was the only music station I listened to on there. They replaced it with a all AC/DC station. That, combined with Howard and Co continual campaigning for Obama prompted me to cut it off. I went to do it online but there was no way to do it at their site. Want to make you call I guess but I didn't feel like going through all the holding, automation and so on.

In the email I received re: the channel changes, it showed that the punk station is only temporarily an AC/DC station, and will resume its normal programming in January. They've done this before with Springsteen.

In the email I received re: the channel changes, it showed that the punk station is only temporarily an AC/DC station, and will resume its normal programming in January. They've done this before with Springsteen.

Thanks for info. May be the save right there.

I am really growing tired of the channels dedicated to one artist. Do I really need to listen to some Springsteen song that he recorded in the crapper or obscure Led Zeppelin songs that even the diehards wouldn't recognize. :wub:

I agree with one exception... The Grateful Dead Channel which I now, FINALLY, have on XM channel 57!

I know these probably aren't your cup of tea, Bluefire, but give the changes a chance. :blink:

The problem is all of the electronica stations now either suck or are the same. BPM is the same exact thing as Area 38, why did they add that and take away boombox? And really, another pop station instead of the electronica station?

Freaking sucks.

I agree with one exception... The Grateful Dead Channel which I now, FINALLY, have on XM channel 57!

FTW, don't ever take that away from me, Sirius!

According to the Sirius website, there is no current end date for the Grateful Dead channel or E Street. They did run Springsteen once before about three years ago, ended it, then brought it back. E Street's been on continuously for the past year or so.

End date for Led Zeppelin is 1/1/09; for AC/DC it's 1/15/09.

New channel info for Sirius.

The problem is all of the electronica stations now either suck or are the same. BPM is the same exact thing as Area 38, why did they add that and take away boombox? And really, another pop station instead of the electronica station?

Freaking sucks.

Howard reports on the Sirius channels' popularity sometimes. He says Hits 1 is the #2 station (behind him) so another hits station makes sense.

I don't listen to the music stations anywhere as much as the talk ones so the music shuffling doesn't bother me much. (A little annoyed to lose Buzzsaw to AC/DC radio for a bit.)