Alright

BillsNYC

Saw this picture yesterday and has bothered me since...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11122008/news/...ber__138256.htm

Look at how the two presidents are sitting, how in the hell does Obama sit with his legs crossed like a woman? I know I (and most men) can't. I have gay friends who make the effort to sit like that on purpose, but can't be comfortable.

Maybe sitting like that across from the world's dictators will terrify them into submission?

Ahmadinejad: "Israel and the US must die and....and...wait...why are you sitting like that? Don't do that...you're freaking me out...no...NO....I'll do whatever you want, just uncross those legs!!! Please!!! Go Israel!!! I love Israel!!!"

(note to all, this post is in jest and not to be taken seriously)

Saw this picture yesterday and has bothered me since...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11122008/news/...ber__138256.htm

Look at how the two presidents are sitting, how in the hell does Obama sit with his legs crossed like a woman? I know I (and most men) can't. I have gay friends who make the effort to sit like that on purpose, but can't be comfortable.

Maybe sitting like that across from the world's dictators will terrify them into submission?

Ahmadinejad: "Israel and the US must die and....and...wait...why are you sitting like that? Don't do that...you're freaking me out...no...NO....I'll do whatever you want, just uncross those legs!!! Please!!! Go Israel!!! I love Israel!!!"

(note to all, this post is in jest and not to be taken seriously)

You wouldn't cross your legs the way Bush is in many parts of the world. In the Middle-East, exposing your soles to somebody is an insult. You cross your legs at the ankle, or maybe leg-over-knee like Obama. Ankle-on-knee (US guy style) is generally seen as low-brow if not (as in ME) actually rude.

I was in a cosmopolitian part of the ME once sitting in a Burger King type fast food restuarant. I was in a booth, leaning against the wall with one leg across the seat and the foot dangling. A random guy came all the way across the restuarant and started berating me in Arabic. Took me a while to realize what he was so upset about.

You wouldn't cross your legs the way Bush is in many parts of the world. In the Middle-East, exposing your soles to somebody is an insult. You cross your legs at the ankle, or maybe leg-over-knee like Obama. Ankle-on-knee (US guy style) is generally seen as low-brow if not (as in ME) actually rude.

I was in a cosmopolitian part of the ME once sitting in a Burger King type fast food restuarant. I was in a booth, leaning against the wall with one leg across the seat and the foot dangling. A random guy came all the way across the restuarant and started berating me in Arabic. Took me a while to realize what he was so upset about.

I am all for being a nice, diplomatic guy, but I would have told guy to wake up, smell the cleanliness and go to hell. He's not in the damn sandbox anymore, and he doesn't get to decided what's socially acceptable here.

I am all for being a nice, diplomatic guy, but I would have told guy to wake up, smell the cleanliness and go to hell. He's not in the damn sandbox anymore, and he doesn't get to decided what's socially acceptable here.

He wasn't here, I was there - that's the point.

All I'm really saying is that while sitting ankle-on-knee is common in the US, it is rarer around the world. Even here is generally considered low brow.

He wasn't here, I was there - that's the point.

All I'm really saying is that while sitting ankle-on-knee is common in the US, it is rarer around the world. Even here is generally considered low brow.

My bad. I missed the word "the" right before "ME." So I thought you were talking about Maine. :D

I even thought before I replied, there is a cosmopolitan part of Maine? :rolleyes:

Just as a personal aside, I can't sit like Bush is sitting.

You know that classic groin stretch where you join the soles of your feet in front of you and push down your knees towards the floor? When I do that, my knees end up looking like a V.

Because of that, I usually sit like Obama when I cross my legs.

Just as a personal aside, I can't sit like Bush is sitting.

You know that classic groin stretch where you join the soles of your feet in front of you and push down your knees towards the floor? When I do that, my knees end up looking like a V.

Because of that, I usually sit like Obama when I cross my legs.

I cant either. Knees are too fugged up from Hockey. Though I cant sit like Obama either as sitting like that squishes my balls. :wub: