Sporting News Today article

Indy Dave

This is what I got when I visted the LINK

Use Limit Exceeded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a protected site. You have exceeded your accepted usage for this magazine.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send mail to digital support.

If you would like to register for Sporting News Today for free, please go to: http://www.coverleaf.com/sportingnewstoday.

It comes down to heart. until this team realizes that they will keep sliding. Someone in that locker room needs to take control and get this thing going in the right direction.

That someone should be Trent Edwards. So what does Trent Edwards think? ..."The QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you lose". Wrong answer. You take all of the blame Trent. That's what a leader does. Of course it isn't entirely true, but that is what a leader would do in tough times. It's what Kelly did, it's what Favre does, it's what a leader does.

That someone should be Trent Edwards. So what does Trent Edwards think? ..."The QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you lose". Wrong answer. You take all of the blame Trent. That's what a leader does. Of course it isn't entirely true, but that is what a leader would do in tough times. It's what Kelly did, it's what Favre does, it's what a leader does.

:lol:

....."Bickering Bills," with Kelly in the middle of all the finger-pointing family feuds. "If you look at the play-by-play, you'll see that the pass to me was not the last play of the game," he said. "The last play was an interception thrown by Kelly.

"I didn't say hardly anything to Kelly all the time I was in Buffalo. He apologized for some of the things he said, but it's hard to get the same feeling back after some of the things that were said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...iego%20Chargers

The Bills had some problems in the locker room with players arguing and pointing the finger at Kelly as being the cancer on the team. The team was labeled "the bickering Bills" by the media and the name stuck until the AFC wildcard game against the Cleveland Browns that year (1989).

http://www.billsbackers.com/JimKelly.htm

That someone should be Trent Edwards. So what does Trent Edwards think? ..."The QB gets too much credit when you win and too much blame when you lose". Wrong answer.

Wrong reply. The QB was being honest and when times were good you defer to your team as well. A leader in the NFL is a paradox as he gets none of the credit to himself when they do well and all of it when they do bad. I think pointing out that fact doesn't make him less leader, it makes him honest.

What makes a leader is not what he does with the media but on the field unless they are throwing teammates under the bus. He plays for and with his fellow teammates, not for the media and fan perception if he wants to win. As long as he does not compromise that he is just fine being honest.

Wrong reply. The QB was being honest and when times were good you defer to your team as well. A leader in the NFL is a paradox as he gets none of the credit to himself when they do well and all of it when they do bad. I think pointing out that fact doesn't make him less leader, it makes him honest.

What makes a leader is not what he does with the media but on the field unless they are throwing teammates under the bus. He plays for and with his fellow teammates, not for the media and fan perception if he wants to win. As long as he does not compromise that he is just fine being honest.

That was a weak cookie cutter answer just like his tired ol' boring coach gives. Time for Trent to be patriotic, time to be part of the plan, time to pay more taxes....sorry...time for Trent to put the bullseye squarely on himself so that his team mates will fight tooth and nail for him and his well being.

:devil:

....."Bickering Bills," with Kelly in the middle of all the finger-pointing family feuds. "If you look at the play-by-play, you'll see that the pass to me was not the last play of the game," he said. "The last play was an interception thrown by Kelly.

"I didn't say hardly anything to Kelly all the time I was in Buffalo. He apologized for some of the things he said, but it's hard to get the same feeling back after some of the things that were said.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...iego%20Chargers

The Bills had some problems in the locker room with players arguing and pointing the finger at Kelly as being the cancer on the team. The team was labeled "the bickering Bills" by the media and the name stuck until the AFC wildcard game against the Cleveland Browns that year (1989).

http://www.billsbackers.com/JimKelly.htm

Say what you want about Jimbo but he is in th HOF for a reason. The guy was a competitor as were many others on that team. The current edition of the bills lacks heart and a burining desire to win. Hopefully they have learned how much division games count and that a part of winning is having the will to do so.

Sad to say but the chances for this team to make the post season probably evaporated over the past five weeks. Their weaknesses have been exposed and there just is not enough talent on the team to move to the next level. The o-line is putrid this year not sure how or why there has been such a drop off - injuries, Peters is full of himself? The D-line is even worse. Stroud was traded to us for a reason - his skills have diminished - we have nobody on defense that has to be gameplanned for. In the days of the bickering bills there were many.

Finally, let me rant about the front office. The GM by committee approach is doomed to failure. Marv did a lot to lift the organization out of the swamp but the draft this year is proving to be a joke. I know the sentiment is that you don't want to force draft picks into action early but in today's NFL they can't simply ride the bench either. You have to have at least two solid contributors out of each draft or you go stale.

Personally, I miss the bickering Bills. I wish the current edition would bicker a little more.

:w00t: