1st to Worst

Stussy109

Our offense has become predictable (again). We throw out of the shotgun about 90% of the time. We have abandoned the play action pass. Nobody respects Trents deep ball anymore, which is why we're seeing 8 in the box all game. How come our Qb's dont know how to show a pump fake.

Our Defense is happy with letting up a 10 yard pass on 3rd and 7. They play to keep everything in front of them. We have zero turnover ability, and zero pass rush. We are back to our old selves, a predictable, boring, unprepared team. In addition to all of this, our coaching staff is getting schooled by the rest of the AFC East. I'm sick of seeing our team come in unprepared like they have never seen what the opposing team has thrown at them. We should be able to adjust and play againt the 3-4 considering every team in our division uses it.

I'm with you 100% on the defensive "keep eveything in front of you" scheme of late. For the first 4 games of the season we played a very aggressive defense with a lot of different looks and blitzes. Worked great. Then against Arizona, we called off the dogs and played back and they ate our lunch. Then we went back to the aggressive defense against San Diego. That's what caused the game winning play when Mitchell blitzed and forced Rivers to fumble. Then the last 3 weeks it's been back to playing back and cover 2 and zone and all that like we did last year with the same results. We go back to pinning our ears back and bringing the heat a lot and we'll start winning again. Think Cassell would have done as well yesterday with Mitchell and Poz and Simpson breathing down his neck? He probably would have fumbled or thrown a pick.

If we blitz and stop them before they go 40 yards and then punt and pin us inside the 20, our offense doesn't have to do as much. Also it'll force some turnovers and give us better field position if not points.

Quinn is a rookie in his second game. A prime candidate for heavy blitz treatment.

The fix is so painfully obvious. Why don't our coaches see it?

I see this change in defensive scheme as being the root cause of all our losing lately. In an article about the game on NFL.COM, I found this which I think sums it up:

"We need an attitude adjustment," Bills linebacker Kawika Mitchell said. "I just think it's an attitude thing. We've got the ability to make a run. But first, we have to make a change. Get aggressive and play with a little more fire."

This coming from a guy who knows something about winning Super Bowls.

We had it the first 4 weeks of the season. We need to get it back. Going back to that style of defense would be a great first step.

I'm with you 100% on the defensive "keep eveything in front of you" scheme of late. For the first 4 games of the season we played a very aggressive defense with a lot of different looks and blitzes. Worked great. Then against Arizona, we called off the dogs and played back and they ate our lunch. Then we went back to the aggressive defense against San Diego. That's what causede the game winning play when Mitchell blitzed and forced the fumble. Then the last 3 weeks it's been back to playing back and cover 2 and zone and all that like we did last year with the same results. We go back to pinning our ears back and bringing the heat a lot and we'll start winning again. Think Cassell would have done as well yesterday with Mitchell and Poz and Simpson breathing down his neck? He probably would have fumbled or thrown a pick.

If we blitz and stop them before they go 40 yards and then punt and pin us inside the 20, or offense doesn't have to do as much. Also it'll force some turnovers and give us better field position if not points.

Quinn is a rookie in his second game. A prime candidate for heavy blitz treatment.

The fix is so painfully obvious. Why don't our coaches see it?

I see this change in defensive scheme as being the root cause of all our losing lately.

so since u'd THINK we should blitz the rookie, that means they'll expect it too so we could never do that! so i guess it means we can stick to the old 20 yard drop back zones for Brady Quinn... man will he be confused! and how about 0 total run attempts this week, theyd also never see that coming!!! an all shotgun offense !!! yaaaaa yeeeee hawwww baby, this is our year!!!! wooooooooooo

so since u'd THINK we should blitz the rookie, that means they'll expect it too so we could never do that! so i guess it means we can stick to the old 20 yard drop back zones for Brady Quinn... man will he be confused! and how about 0 total run attempts this week, theyd also never see that coming!!! an all shotgun offense !!! yaaaaa yeeeee hawwww baby, this is our year!!!! wooooooooooo

...reminds me of the Black Adder (Rowan Atkinson) series set in WW1 with General Melchard's cunning plan. It's the same plan as the last 19, which is what's so cunning. They'll never suspect we could be so stupid to do it again, exactly.

...reminds me of the Black Adder (Rowan Atkinson) series set in WW1 with General Melchard's cunning plan. It's the same plan as the last 19, which is what's so cunning. They'll never suspect we could be so stupid to do it again, exactly.

Haven't seen that show in 3 or 4 years... :lol:

Also, his "Thin Blue Line".