Hey Wacka, Your Boy's Gone Off The Deep End

He's loonier than usual! Is Rush Limbo--and right wing rdio in general--becoming a major liability for the Republicans?

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/a...,0,800478.story

"The Obama recession is in full swing, ladies and gentlemen," Limbaugh told his radio audience of 15 million to 20 million on Thursday. "Stocks are dying, which is a precursor of things to come. This is an Obama recession. Might turn into a depression."

"They're going to take your 401(k), put it in the Social Security trust fund, whatever the hell that is," Limbaugh woofed. "Trust fund, my rear end."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hang on his every word, as you do to the DNC memos.

We are in a recession. Obama has stated that he wants to raise taxes and restrict free trade. That is what Hoover did. If Obama goes through with that, we may well get a depression.

There has been talk in Congress of getting rid of private 401(k)s. Do you want the people who run the post office running your retirement investments? There is no Social Security Trust Fund now, it is all IOUs as it has been raided for trying to balance the budget.

First, Obama is not doing anything right now to help the economy. I know the "lists" of who he is looking to chair the Federal Reserve and Treasury are likely just educated speculation, but it seems to me Obama isn't going to institute real "change" if he picks people off those lists. It seems the only real difference between his economic and trade policies from what we have now is an insistence on taxing the hell out of the rich.

As far as Rush goes, and I want to point out first that I don't like him, he is just doing what he is suppose to be doing, preparing the never-ending political battlefield. This is nothing new and doesn't really rate a new thread.

I hate to break it to you, but Obama IS NOT THE PRESIDENT.

What you should be asking here is WHAT IS GEORGE W. BUSH DOING?!

Pretty funny how everyone, including BUSH, is expecting Obama to take over now. Under ordinary circumstances you'd be screaming that he had some nerve shoving Bush aside before he's in office. Unfortunately for us all, Bush is still "in charge", whatever THAT means.

Pretty funny how everyone, including BUSH, is expecting Obama to take over now. Under ordinary circumstances you'd be screaming that he had some nerve shoving Bush aside before he's in office. Unfortunately for us all, Bush is still "in charge", whatever THAT means.

What he said.

You are correct, Obama is not yet president, and he certainly is not responsible for the job losses, bank failures, foreclosures, etc. Well, he was a member of the U.S. Senate, so he has some responsibility, but no where near as much as Bush's administration does.

But much of the damage being done right now can be minimized by reassuring the top decision makers on both Wall Street and Main St. that the new president will do what's needed and put the right people in place to get our nation's economy back on the right track as soon as possible.

Again, it is Rush's job to further the far right's agenda, which is to place as much blame on the left as possible. That's what he is doing! You guys just want something to complain about and have decided you'll do that here even if it means ignoring the source.

Better yet, what WAS Bush doing?

My husband considers Rush an "entertainer" - he listens occasionally because it cracks him up. He's smart enough not to take the rants literally. The problem is that the same class of ijits who are rushing to buy up all the guns, who think Obama's a Muslim etc etc....listen to that crap and believe it.

I just find it interesting that the same group who stifled all objections to the administration's activities right after 9/11 in the name of "security" and "patriotism", at this time when we are teetering on the edge of ruin are in effect yelling "fire!" in a crowded theatre...I guess since only nutjobs take it seriously, it's ok, but it only takes ONE nutjob to upset what's left of the apple cart.

My husband considers Rush an "entertainer" - he listens occasionally because it cracks him up. He's smart enough not to take the rants literally. The problem is that the same class of ijits who are rushing to buy up all the guns, who think Obama's a Muslim etc etc....listen to that crap and believe it.

I just find it interesting that the same group who stifled all objections to the administration's activities right after 9/11 in the name of "security" and "patriotism", at this time when we are teetering on the edge of ruin are in effect yelling "fire!" in a crowded theatre...I guess since only nutjobs take it seriously, it's ok, but it only takes ONE nutjob to upset what's left of the apple cart.

Oustanding! :lol:

BTW, I once yelled movie in a crowded fire house. :lol:

You are correct, Obama is not yet president, and he certainly is not responsible for the job losses, bank failures, foreclosures, etc. Well, he was a member of the U.S. Senate, so he has some responsibility, but no where near as much as Bush's administration does.

But much of the damage being done right now can be minimized by reassuring the top decision makers on both Wall Street and Main St. that the new president will do what's needed and put the right people in place to get our nation's economy back on the right track as soon as possible.

Again, it is Rush's job to further the far right's agenda, which is to place as much blame on the left as possible. That's what he is doing! You guys just want something to complain about and have decided you'll do that here even if it means ignoring the source.

I thought his list of economic advisors was pretty impressive. Who else should he have included to reassure Wall/Main Streets?

BTW, I once yelled movie in a crowded fire house. :lol:

Now THAT is really dangerous. When I was a firefighter (volunteer) and we happened to be at the firehouse for a meeting or work detail when an alarm came in, you could get SERIOUSLY killed rushing down the stairs to jump onto the truck.

Those were the days. :lol:

Now THAT is really dangerous. When I was a firefighter (volunteer) and we happened to be at the firehouse for a meeting or work detail when an alarm came in, you could get SERIOUSLY killed rushing down the stairs to jump onto the truck.

Those were the days. :wallbash:

Greatest volunteer job ever. Sad that its looked down upon due tot he audacity of those who serve getting some free beer, a nice TV to watch at Headquarters and a nice dinner once a year.

Someone please explain to me how Obama can get us out of this recession. His plan is to basically take money away from corporations, depreciate the stock market, and give hand outs. I fail to see how making companies cut jobs/raise prices will do anything to fix the economic woes this country faces. Not to mention any increase in capital gains taxes will severely stunt the growth of of the Indexes.

His talking points seem to follow the line of "steal from the rich and give to the poor." Is giving people $2000 handouts really worth the loss of jobs that will be caused by it?

Someone please explain to me how Obama can get us out of this recession. His plan is to basically take money away from corporations, depreciate the stock market, and give hand outs. I fail to see how making companies cut jobs/raise prices will do anything to fix the economic woes this country faces. Not to mention any increase in capital gains taxes will severely stunt the growth of of the Indexes.

His talking points seem to follow the line of "steal from the rich and give to the poor." Is giving people $2000 handouts really worth the loss of jobs that will be caused by it?

If he does anything to get us out of a recession, it'll be pushing a three trillion dollar budget through Congress.

Otherwise...the economy pretty much does whatever it damn well pleases. Ieatcrayonz could be in the White House, for all "the economy" cares.

Greatest volunteer job ever. Sad that its looked down upon due tot he audacity of those who serve getting some free beer, a nice TV to watch at Headquarters and a nice dinner once a year.

As an officer I got to go to banquets in the entire Third Battalion, even better as a representative to the State Association I'd go to that too!

When NYS raised the drinking age to 21, we had to raise our enrollment age because we did have beer at the firehall....shoot we had an old truck whose water tank was converted into a cooler so we could haul beer to parades.

Ahhhhh those were the days. We saved the taxpayers big bucks (were rated on a professional scale although we were volunteer) and had a lot of fun doing it. We had a waiting list of a year, or more. Not now.

If he does anything to get us out of a recession, it'll be pushing a three trillion dollar budget through Congress.

Otherwise...the economy pretty much does whatever it damn well pleases. Ieatcrayonz could be in the White House, for all "the economy" cares.

Are you saying the economy won't respond to the doubling of the capital gains taxes? How about a 60% top tax rate?