Are any NFL owners black?

realtruelove

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

owner. That would almost be as big as a Super Bowl win.

I do not believe there are any black owners. I think the Vikings, maybe several years back, were being pursued by a black man, but he could not come up with the capital, or had some legal issues going on that prevented him...

As far as I know, there is only 1 black owner in any of the 4 major sports - Robert Johnson who a principal owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, and this has only been since 2002. Incidentally, Johnson is also the first black American billionaire - he founded the BET network. Once again, it takes tremendous financial resources to own a team - you can't be rich, you have to be wealthy.

As Chris Rock says, "Shaq is rich. The white guy who signs Shaq's check is wealthy".

No offense, but may I ask why?

B/c then, maybe the league will start giving us regular sympathy f--ks.

'Bout the last 10 years, the NFL has helped teams so they can make up their overarching stories. The 'Patriots' winning the SB after 9/11, and their help from the refs. Georgia Frontiere's team winning the SB. Bettis winning a SB in his last season. Teams like the Bills don't fit into the WWF's NFL's plans.

If they give me a good price, I'll buy the team and immediately fire everyone, then replace 'em w/ people from the Wall. We'd all bring a winner to Buffalo 'cause we all know what needs to be done.

Sounds like a reasonable business plan.

This just in...........

Herman Edwards fired today from KC has come to a tentative agreement to buy the Bills.

The deal hinges on whether the current owner can pass a mental competency test.

Roger Goodel says the league is lending Edwards the money, an interest only loan that will be financed through

AIG, Wachovia, Lehman Bros and Merrill Lynch. This will be a no credit check, low documentation loan

Edwards will also serve as the teams GM and coach.

In his 1st personnel move, he will trade Peters and Whitner and a 2nd rounder for John Lynch.

The Bills will go 0-16 in 09 but will still be invited to the White House by President Obama.

Skooby what happened to your avatar portrait?