It was Really depressing today. what about running some 3/4 schemes?

Lenigmusx

I was one of the last to be an Edwards believer and he played poorly today but he is not being put in a possition to win!! Our "D" gets man handled week in and week out. Cassel looked like a pro bowl quarterback today. There are a couple of quick fixes that could help this situation. Game planing a few Blitzes would be a big help. I think a more attacking zone blitz scheme could get us out of these 3rd down situation where we get no presser and get burned. Why not mix in some 3/4 schemes with denney as a linebacker or bring in one of the other backers. It would at least create a different look. What happend to some of those different formations we saw in week 1? Perry seems to have gotten lazy in the design aspect of coaching NFL defence. Different looks are a must. Now offensively we just need to RUN THE DAM FOOTBALL! That will fix everything if we commit to it. Our best drive of the game was stiffled completely by a sack when we abandon the run. We had three or four successful runs and the called a pass on first down and Chambers got beat for a sack. That really hurt cause it could have been the turning point in the game. Trent is clearly rattled and I don't know if it is mental or still a residual effect of his injury. I wasn't buying the injury until he start misfiring on screens and short passes, that is not charecteristic of his play. Either way it would be awful to throw this season in the bag after the start we had we need to turn things yesterday and I am starting lose some faith. Someone needs to light a fire under this teams ass! It seems we dealt with injuries better last year. It is depressing!

I was one of the last to be an Edwards believer and he played poorly today but he is not being put in a possition to win!! Our "D" gets man handled week in and week out. Cassel looked like a pro bowl quarterback today. There are a couple of quick fixes that could help this situation. Game planing a few Blitzes would be a big help. I think a more attacking zone blitz scheme could get us out of these 3rd down situation where we get no presser and get burned. Why not mix in some 3/4 schemes with denney as a linebacker or bring in one of the other backers. It would at least create a different look. What happend to some of those different formations we saw in week 1? Perry seems to have gotten lazy in the design aspect of coaching NFL defence. Different looks are a must. Now offensively we just need to RUN THE DAM FOOTBALL! That will fix everything if we commit to it. Our best drive of the game was stiffled completely by a sack when we abandon the run. We had three or four successful runs and the called a pass on first down and Chambers got beat for a sack. That really hurt cause it could have been the turning point in the game. Trent is clearly rattled and I don't know if it is mental or still a residual effect of his injury. I wasn't buying the injury until he start misfiring on screens and short passes, that is not charecteristic of his play. Either way it would be awful to throw this season in the bag after the start we had we need to turn things yesterday and I am starting lose some faith. Someone needs to light a fire under this teams ass! It seems we dealt with injuries better last year. It is depressing!

Who'd play nose? Undersized Williams? Stroud? Denney would be better at LDE than at LBer, he at least is good for a bat down, aint happening off the LoS. Whose your RDE in the 3/4- Schobel, Kelsay, Johnson, Ellis... The 3/4 RDE technique is different to the 4/3 technique...

Oh dear...

another game and a few more ... appearing

We barely have 2 LB, you want to put 4 on the field?

You are right about linebackers. I am just serching for a different look this passive defensive strategy is really bad. Maybe just some zone Blitzing and more of that formation where no one is in a three point stance. Just something that would confuse the offences a little. We severly miss Crowell, Schobel and Whitner.

Actually, they do play some 3-4 on occasion. They didn't this past game that I remember, though. I've seen it a few times where Kelsay has lined up as a LB behind the tackles. The Mitchell sack against the chargers was out of a 3-4 alignment.

Yeah let's run a defense that would further highlight our lack of size on the front 7. Brilliant. You should contact Fewell ASAP.

I really don't get the fascination around here with the 3-4, but it's annoying. Just because the 90s Bills ran it doesn't make it a good idea. In fact I'd argue that it cost that era teams big time and they would have been better served to go out and find another DT and run a 4-3.

Outside of the OJ years, the only times the Bills have been good in my lifetime has been when they ran the 3-4 (the Bermuda triangle and Bruce Smith eras).

You mean when they had the greatest DE of all time, a solid large bodied DE on the other side, and three all-pro linebackers? Ever heard of the fallacy of false cause?

You mean when they had the greatest DE of all time, a solid large bodied DE on the other side, and three all-pro linebackers? Ever heard of the fallacy of false cause?

Not sure what your point is. Are you implying that I'm saying that the Bills should be running a 3-4 right now? You may want to read my post again ...