Press conference

Gisele

Worst argument ever. We live in the most trigger happy area ever. People don't like a coaches performance after 2-3 years and they fire him. He is a great coach, and his circumstances for winning are null because of his inability to be given a team to run. He makes the right decisions. Sometimes I question our personal or defensive strategy, and Jauron gets on my nerve, but you're just looking for someone to yell at if you think his inability to win in interim situations, or his inaugural season with a team then why was Marv Levy successful after he coached KC?

Actually, DJ is 1 out of 7 years in making the playoffs.

Here's an honest question:

Did you keep a straight face when you said "He makes the right decisions."? Did you agree with his QB carnival last year? But then again, he just needs 2, 3, or 4 chances to make the right decision, right? Just like he needs more time to turn the team around. 2-3 years is not enough. Dick needs 5+ years, right?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, DJ is 1 out of 7 years in making the playoffs.

Did you keep a straight face when you said "He makes the right decisions."? Did you agree with his QB carnival last year? But then again, he just needs 2, 3, or 4 chances to make the right decision, right? Just like he needs more time to turn the team around. 2-3 years is not enough. Dick needs 5+ years, right?

In regards to our previous 3 coaches, he makes the right decision.

His QB carnival bothered me loads, but that was because I was enthralled by JP, and now I realize Trent was just that good.

Do you sleep well at night knowing that you refuse to look at the bright side of things to the point where you go by the handle "cynical".

In regards to our previous 3 coaches, he makes the right decision.

His QB carnival bothered me loads, but that was because I was enthralled by JP, and now I realize Trent was just that good.

So, only the last decision counts? The other 2 that are in direct conflict with the last "correct" one do not exist anymore?

Do you sleep well at night knowing that you refuse to look at the bright side of things to the point where you go by the handle "cynical".

Actually, everybody I know personally considers me an optimist. I can't say I disagree with them.

The Cynical comes out in me when I know people are more concerned about blowing smoke up may ass, trying to convince me their s**t doesn't stink, despite evidence to the contrary.

DJ is a classic example. Spare me in telling he how "good" or "great" he is. DJ's own short and long term history says otherwise.

The optimist in me keeps hoping Dick finally gets 'it'. The cynic in me tells me not to bet on it.

Let's get back to the Bills. I fully expected the Bills to lose to Miami three weeks ago, and I predicted a 24-13 Pats victory today. The killer was the Jets game. However, I think that it's clear now that the Jets are actually loaded, and a more talented team than the Bills. The Bills chances of making the playoffs are very slim now - they'll lose at NY, which will give them a 2-4 divisional record at best - but if they beat Miami in Toronto and win against Cleveland, SF, KC, and NE at home, they'll probably make it. The Colts and Chargers are losing now, so their competition is the Ravens, Phins, and Pats/Jets (I expect the Jets to win the division, but it's really a tossup).

Playoff teams don't lose 4 of 5. It just doesn't happen, and sadly I don't think this coaching staff has it in them to turn this thing around.

I cannot believe that the Bills are sitting at 5-4 through nine games with the schedule they have. Worse yet, should they go less than 10-6 playing SEA, OAK, STL, MIA (2X), CLE, KC, and SF it will show me that in three seasons of DJ, they've rarely been able to beat good opponents. That's eerily similar to Chicago.

Playoff teams don't lose 4 of 5. It just doesn't happen, and sadly I don't think this coaching staff has it in them to turn this thing around.

I cannot believe that the Bills are sitting at 5-4 through nine games with the schedule they have. Worse yet, should they go less than 10-6 playing SEA, OAK, STL, MIA (2X), CLE, KC, and SF it will show me that in three seasons of DJ, they've rarely been able to beat good opponents. That's eerily similar to Chicago.

Well, both the Chargers and the Colts won - bad for the Bills. Re losing 4 of 5, come on - that happens to most 9-7/10-6 teams at some point in their season. The Bills' osses all came against teams with records over .500, and three of the four losses were on the road. So it's not as if they're choking at home against crappy teams. The Bills lost to better teams (yes, the Dolphins are way better than many think, and those who mocking their acquisition of Pennington should be eating their words). Consequently, it's now incumbent upon them them to beat the more mediocre teams. It's certainly in the realm of possibility for them to scratch and claw to 10-6.

Yeah, Jauron is a great coach.

Please defend why he should still be the coach of this team.

It was utterly stupid to offer him an extension when he has done nothing to warrant it. I hope Ralph takes serious consideration and firing him.

Having Wade or Ted back as D-coord wouldn't be such a bad thing IMHO. :thumbsup:

Why bother listening to the press conf. he will say they didn't execute well enough.

Reminds me of Gregg Williams or Mularkey or Drew Bledsoe week-after-week-after-week -- "we need to execute better, blah, blah, blah, we need to correct our mistakes, blah, blah, blah". Say SOMETHING MEANINGFUL. This is total BS. Light a FIRE under these guys! Get angry. Show some emotion.

He's a winner. He's above .500. Not my fault you can't take a loss.

Jauron is 55-70 for a whopping .440 winning percentage over his career. I should also add that he has only 1 winning season in his 9 years of coaching. (1 year was as interim and I'm counting 2008 also)

He has 1 playoff appearance in 9 seasons as head coach.

It's not my fault that you can't google "Dick Jauron"

Worst argument ever. We live in the most trigger happy area ever. People don't like a coaches performance after 2-3 years and they fire him. He is a great coach, and his circumstances for winning are null because of his inability to be given a team to run. He makes the right decisions. Sometimes I question our personal or defensive strategy, and Jauron gets on my nerve, but you're just looking for someone to yell at if you think his inability to win in interim situations, or his inaugural season with a team then why was Marv Levy successful after he coached KC?

Yeah, we let go of Mularkey way to quickly....

That is complete and utter nonsense. Seriously, were you using narcotics when you posted this?

You make it sound as if he is a victim of a poor team. Even if he is, he built this team!!! The Bills have his signature on them, complete with a bend but don't break cover-2, weak lines, and early first round defensive backs who don't make plays.

A great coach? Never mind....don't let me get between you and your opiates. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

Jauron is 55-70 for a whopping .440 winning percentage over his career.

He has 1 playoff appearance in 9 seasons as head coach.

It's not my fault that you can't google "Dick Jauron"

Yeah, but he brings such an exciting brand of football to the table....a joy to watch. I don't know about you but I just can't get enough of that "stuff it into a wall for 1.2 yards on first down" style. The way we try to hide in a hole for 3.8 quarters hoping to keep it close and win by 2 is a thrill ride well worth the ticket price. I also think that most fans just don't appreciate how much time he gives us to go to the concession stand without missing anything exciting. That it the problem today, no appreciation.

That is complete and utter nonsense. Seriously, were you using narcotics when you posted this?

You make it sound as if he is a victim of a poor team. Even if he is, he built this team!!! The Bills have his signature on them, complete with a bend but don't break cover-2, weak lines, and early first round defensive backs who don't make plays.

A great coach? Never mind....don't let me get between you and your opiates. Sorry about that. :thumbsup:

Bill, what you and I fail to realize apparently is that Jauron is a visionary who understands what no one else does, that you don't need a pass rush to play defense in the NFL.