Good teams win big games....

Hey all,

Long time Bills fan, first time poster. I grew up in Lockport, listening to the Bills on the radio every Sunday (since we rarely sold out games and we never played on Monday night). So I have felt the futility and I know the pain. I sat shivering under a blanket watching that first SB and screamed into the cold, dark night when Norwood missed it (I really did). Don't get me started on the No Goal....that is for a different board.

So now I am taking a stand. I have finally admitted to myself that I live in fear. I fear a late penalty on every big Bills play. I fear that costly fumble or interception. But no more. I am gonna let go of my feeling that the other shoe has to drop everytime we get up. That includes our great start to this season and privately wondering when the wheels were gonna come off.

I tell my son every game that good teams win big games. It's a simple formula. If we deserve it, we will win. If we don't, we have to move on to the next game.

Our keys this week (there's probably 10, I'll list four):

1. Run the ball. Yes, we always have to run it well, but I believe that we have to pound it with committment even if it costs us a couple of series. The Pats line is strong and honestly, they will eat our lunch if we don't win the line of scrimmage. Missed blocks, holding penalties, and miscommunications that have been absolute game changers and win-killers. (Trent's not innocent here). Focusing on the run will create rhythm, tire out the defense, and hopefully neutralize the pass rush. Marshawn and Fred have to step up. Trent has to get them the ball including swings and screens.

2. Stop the run. If we don't do this, our rookies will be even more exposed when trying to stop the pass. It is windy in Foxboro today, so passing is gonna be tough not matter how you slice it. I predict that either McKelvin or Corner will end up with an interception today.

3. Return to special teams dominance. Frankly we haven't seen very special play from this unit over the last several games. Today is the day.

4. Perfect execution. This one is a given every Sunday, but we are going to need it against the Pats especially. I haven't seen it since week 1. Think of the killer plays this year (not including AZ). Trent fumbles on a short converstion because he extended the ball. Trent throws an interception for a TD inside the redzone. Robert Royal fumbles at a key time in two games (if I had a nickel for everytime I've seen that....). Missed blocks leading to turnovers and safety. We have to be focused on executing and playing smart. No mistakes.

We will we win the game today? We can. We WILL if we make this our game and set the tempo. For me, I am committed to start enjoying myself again by cheering without fearing. After all, every game from here on out is a big game. As I tell my son, good teams win big games.

-BBF

Hey all,

Long time Bills fan, first time poster. I grew up in Lockport, listening to the Bills on the radio every Sunday (since we rarely sold out games and we never played on Monday night). So I have felt the futility and I know the pain. I sat shivering under a blanket watching that first SB and screamed into the cold, dark night when Norwood missed it (I really did). Don't get me started on the No Goal....that is for a different board.

So now I am taking a stand. I have finally admitted to myself that I live in fear. I fear a late penalty on every big Bills play. I fear that costly fumble or interception. But no more. I am gonna let go of my feeling that the other shoe has to drop everytime we get up. That includes our great start to this season and privately wondering when the wheels were gonna come off.

I tell my son every game that good teams win big games. It's a simple formula. If we deserve it, we will win. If we don't, we have to move on to the next game.

Our keys this week (there's probably 10, I'll list four):

1. Run the ball. Yes, we always have to run it well, but I believe that we have to pound it with committment even if it costs us a couple of series. The Pats line is strong and honestly, they will eat our lunch if we don't win the line of scrimmage. Missed blocks, holding penalties, and miscommunications that have been absolute game changers and win-killers. (Trent's not innocent here). Focusing on the run will create rhythm, tire out the defense, and hopefully neutralize the pass rush. Marshawn and Fred have to step up. Trent has to get them the ball including swings and screens.

2. Stop the run. If we don't do this, our rookies will be even more exposed when trying to stop the pass. It is windy in Foxboro today, so passing is gonna be tough not matter how you slice it. I predict that either McKelvin or Corner will end up with an interception today.

3. Return to special teams dominance. Frankly we haven't seen very special play from this unit over the last several games. Today is the day.

4. Perfect execution. This one is a given every Sunday, but we are going to need it against the Pats especially. I haven't seen it since week 1. Think of the killer plays this year (not including AZ). Trent fumbles on a short converstion because he extended the ball. Trent throws an interception for a TD inside the redzone. Robert Royal fumbles at a key time in two games (if I had a nickel for everytime I've seen that....). Missed blocks leading to turnovers and safety. We have to be focused on executing and playing smart. No mistakes.

We will we win the game today? We can. We WILL if we make this our game and set the tempo. For me, I am committed to start enjoying myself again by cheering without fearing. After all, every game from here on out is a big game. As I tell my son, good teams win big games.

-BBF

Bills are a little beat up having lost recent games and having some injured players. This game is exactly the kind of opportunity we'd all have wanted when the year started. Tied with the Patriots with an opportunity to get to the top of the division with a win. Bills are lacking momentum right now, but can get it back with a win today. Not that much separates these teams talent-wise IMO. Hoping for a good game and a good outcome today.

Bills are a little beat up having lost recent games and having some injured players. This game is exactly the kind of opportunity we'd all have wanted when the year started. Tied with the Patriots with an opportunity to get to the top of the division with a win. Bills are lacking momentum right now, but can get it back with a win today. Not that much separates these teams talent-wise IMO. Hoping for a good game and a good outcome today.

This is the kind of game that turns a season around...particularly with the upcoming schedule that we have...win this one and we play the cupcakes while our guys get healthy for the stretch run...GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice post, and welcome to tbd.

I agree. We are good enough to win. The question is will we take the next step? The ESPN crew (TJ i think it was) said at the end of the day we will find out if the Bills are Pretenders, or Contenders. This is as close to a MUST WIN game as I have ever seen. Its not about the Playoffs, it's about proving we are a team to be reckoned with. We must win this game to stop the bleeding and end the downward spiral. If we win, then ANYTHING is possible. If we lose, I fear the season may be over, and I worry about the fragile Psyche of this team. We may never get over it with this group of guys....I mean, We were in first place going into 3 games against the division, and if go 0-3, I think the team may fold...

Go Bills! Beat the Cheatriots!!!!!!!

The Bills are struggling and still in 1st place....Go figure...It means the Division is up for grabs.

We need better performance.....

DO NOT TURNOVER THE BALL....It starts with that....If the Bills protect the football good things happen...

Lee Evans has 3 TDs for the season and 1 of that was from JP.....Trent and Evans needs to connect more in the end zone.

The #2 WR position has produced 2 TDs for the entire season (1 for Parrish and 1 for Hardy)....We really need better production from this part of the offense to be more successful

The Running game has to get going....It has been too much stagnant.....We need to run and control the clock.

On Defense

Where is the pass rush. Schoebel has shown what he means to this team....and Chris Kelsay has shown what a wasted re-signing he was....

The LBs have been pretty average....They have no pressure on the QB.

The secondary -- Too decimated to talk about...but they need to improve.

Welcome to the board.

This will be a litmus test for the remainder of the season. Beating BB in Foxboro would tell me a lot about the resolve of this team to overcome injuries.

I'm not big on Jauron's ability to win big games. Hopefully he proves me wrong.