Moss breakout game

robkmil

“BREAKOUT GAME” FOR MOSS?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2008, 11:56 a.m. EST

Wendi Nix of ESPN reports that Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel plans to get receiver Randy Moss more involved in the offense on Sunday against the Bills.

And Nix predicts that it could end up being a “breakout game” for Moss.

One thing that might motivate Moss is that he’s ranked as the tenth-best receiver in the NFL in the current issue of Sporting News.

Moss often finds motivation from external sources, especially when criticism of him is involved. And he might indeed find extra motivation from the fact that the scouts at Sporting News see Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wasyne, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Greg Jennings as better than the guy who set the single-season touchdown reception record in 2007.

-----

Lets shut him down!!!

“BREAKOUT GAME” FOR MOSS?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 9, 2008, 11:56 a.m. EST

Wendi Nix of ESPN reports that Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel plans to get receiver Randy Moss more involved in the offense on Sunday against the Bills.

And Nix predicts that it could end up being a “breakout game” for Moss.

One thing that might motivate Moss is that he’s ranked as the tenth-best receiver in the NFL in the current issue of Sporting News.

Moss often finds motivation from external sources, especially when criticism of him is involved. And he might indeed find extra motivation from the fact that the scouts at Sporting News see Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wasyne, Terrell Owens, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, and Greg Jennings as better than the guy who set the single-season touchdown reception record in 2007.

-----

Lets shut him down!!!

I don't quite get that...sure he played well last year but Greer is definitely an improved player and Simpson will be back there and he's a bit better than keeping the game in front of him than Wilson was. I think that's just more of the simplistic journalism.

It always seems like someone has a "breakout" game against the Bills but usually its someone you haven't heard much about.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Moss torches us repeatedly today but I think its more likely Welker will do more damage. The only way we are going to generate any pass rush is with blitzing, and that's going to leave Welker on hot routes all the time covered by McKelvin or Corner.

You have to double Moss on every play and instead of playing LBs close to the line, play them 6 yards back so they can react to draws, screens, runs, and PUNISH anyone who comes across the middle.

If NE gets easy scores with Moss torching McGee or Greer this team is going to get absolutely destroyed.

RTB