Maybe Palin wasn't such a bad pick...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...rack-Obama.html

Behold, The Messiah of the conservative movement!

The Republican vice presidential candidate attracted criticism for accusing Mr Obama of "palling around with terrorists", citing his association with the sixties radical William Ayers.

The attacks provoked a near lynch mob atmosphere at her rallies, with supporters yelling "terrorist" and "kill him" until the McCain campaign ordered her to tone down the rhetoric.

But it has now emerged that her demagogic tone may have unintentionally encouraged white supremacists to go even further.

The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs Palin's attacks.

Michelle Obama, the future First Lady, was so upset that she turned to her friend and campaign adviser Valerie Jarrett and said: "Why would they try to make people hate us?"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She said: "I consider it cowardly. It's not true. That's cruel, it's mean-spirited, it's immature, it's unprofessional and those guys are jerks if they came away taking things out of context and then tried to spread something on national news that's not fair and not right."

Like your attacks on Obama? Karma baby karma. At least their attacks aren't making you get death threats there Caribou Barbie. :rolleyes:

Speaking as she returned to her native Alaska, Mrs Palin claimed to be baffled by what she claims was sexism on the national stage. "Here in Alaska that double standard isn't applied because these guys know that Alaskan women are pretty tough, on a par with the men in terms of being outdoors, working hard," she said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...rack-Obama.html

Behold, The Messiah of the conservative movement!

It's not her fault. Seriously. The RNC used her. Hell, she probably was made to believe that Barack Obama actually was a domestic terrorist. They took a naive woman who had never met or spoken with Barack Obama and they used her, plain and simple. She didn't decide what to say herself, she was told what to say. She probably didn't even understand what she was actually doing.

It's not her fault. Seriously. The RNC used her. Hell, she probably was made to believe that Barack Obama actually was a domestic terrorist. They took a naive woman who had never met or spoken with Barack Obama and they used her, plain and simple. She didn't decide what to say herself, she was told what to say. She probably didn't even understand what she was actually doing.

I couldn't agree more. The woman is obviously a bumbling idiot. The people who are incited by her ridiculous rhetoric make her look like a frigin Mensa scholar.

Gotta love "Real America" - you know, the America that wants to kill the President.

John McCain would not consciously do anything that would cause Barack Obama's death. McCain ran a stupid campaign and made a very poor choice in his VP selection. I don't think he realized what he'd done until it was too late, but he was blinded by his desperation to win - this was his last shot, and he pulled out all the stops (including good judgement) to take it.

That said, Sarah Palin is a divisive personality who appeals to the worst in a class of people who are ignorant, shallow and afraid. I caution people againt thinking she is STUPID - she is not. She is probably quite bright, but woefully ignorant. Her looks and ability to throw words (it takes awhile to figure out what she's trying to say, by then it's too late) have gotten her pretty far considering there is no substance to her. I don't see the Christian right abandoning her. She's just what they like - a woman who looks like a Barbie doll, talks like a fiery preacher yet still knows "her place". they'll see if they can't groom her over the next few years or maybe they'll just find someone younger, better looking and a little more educated. We haven't seen the last of Caribou Barbie.

Yeah, because white supremacists would really need encouraging...the election of Obama is the top concern for these terrible, lowest of the low people.

Offen, you're not concerned about this any trash way, as you realize such threats were coming one way or another. You just know you'll never get a chance to punch this woman, so you'll take any shots you can here.

Yeah, because white supremacists would really need encouraging...the election of Obama is the top concern for these terrible, lowest of the low people.

Offen, you're not concerned about this any trash way, as you realize such threats were coming one way or another. You just know you'll never get a chance to punch this woman, so you'll take any shots you can here.

So a spike in death threats against Obama that immediately coincided with Palin saying that Obama "pals around with terrorists" was just a coincidence? I guess I should expect that kind of logic from a person in the middle of organizing a march on Washington.

So a spike in death threats against Obama that immediately coincided with Palin saying that Obama "pals around with terrorists" was just a coincidence? I guess I should expect that kind of logic from a person in the middle of organizing a march on Washington.

Well, if the truth hurts, as he has hung "around with terrorists," so be it. I think this is ridiculous.

Back to the comments about the rally I am working on? You're boring. And I would rather be mocked for standing up for what I believe than be accused of advocating violence against women.

Well, if the truth hurts, as he has hung "around with terrorists," so be it. I think this is ridiculous.

If it was the truth then why did Obama wipe the floor with McCain/Palin last week?

Back to the comments about the rally I am working on? You're boring. And I would rather be accused of standing up for for what I believe than be accused of advocating violence against women.

Hahahahaha. Are you too busy working on your march on Washington to come up with your own insults? You got to send me pictures of this rally!

I am looking to organize a march on the White House the day after Obama is inaugurated. We must stand united and speak loudly to show we will not accept a surrender in Iraq. We cannot allow the sacrifices made by our service members and their families go for naught.

Please, PM me today if you will help me put this together or if you want more info as plans develop. I am well connected in the military and veterans communities. This will happen; I hope you will be part of it.

Hilarious!

Scribo, if you want to organize a protest, then by all means do so. It is your right as an American. Unlike the Republicans of yore, who sought to surpress and cover up dissent, I believe your voice should be heard. In fact, if you read today's op-ed on CNN from Dr. Frist - he acknowledges the GOP's mistake in refusing to have conversations with those who disagree.

Personally, I think your opinion is way off base, but what the heck. As long as you express yourself non-violently, go for it. It is your right.

If it was the truth then why did Obama wipe the floor with McCain/Palin last week?

There are many reasons, but I would say the perceived failures of the current administration, a better run campaign that vastly outspent McCain's, and a generational shift in voters. Not at all because Obama has a clean past.

Hahahahaha. Are you too busy working on your march on Washington to come up with your own insults? You got to send me pictures of this rally!

No, I just think the fact you support wife beaters is serious enough that I can adopt it, too. The fact I have yet to see you deny that also helped me decided to bring it up.

I am proud of what I do, or I would do it.

Hilarious!

Again, I am not bothered by your laughter. It seems just about everyone here is laughing at you on a regular basis. If I am wrong, let those you agree with your views and tactics speak here in your defense.

There are many reasons, but I would say the perceived failures of the current administration, a better run campaign that vastly outspent McCain's, and a generational shift in voters. Not at all because Obama has a clean past.

Any why was Obama's campaign better run? Probably because he wasn't using over the top smears that noboby with an ounce of intelligence believed!

No, I just think the fact you support wife beaters is serious enough that I can adopt it, too. The fact I have yet to see you deny that also helped me decided to bring it up.

Umm no, if you're going to use LABallzzzzzzzzzzFan's reference you should at least know what he was referring to. Please go back and read the thread (if you're not too busy planning your rally) about the nut who carved the backwards B into her cheek.

Again, I am not bothered by your laughter. It seems just about everyone here is laughing at you on a regular basis. If I am wrong, let those you agree with your views and tactics speak here in your defense.

How old are you 12? Grow up! It's no wonder you voted for Palin!

Scribo, if you want to organize a protest, then by all means do so. It is your right as an American. Unlike the Republicans of yore, who sought to surpress and cover up dissent, I believe your voice should be heard. In fact, if you read today's op-ed on CNN from Dr. Frist - he acknowledges the GOP's mistake in refusing to have conversations with those who disagree.

Personally, I think your opinion is way off base, but what the heck. As long as you express yourself non-violently, go for it. It is your right.

I appreciate your comments.

The op-ed is outstanding, which I have come to expect from the former senator. I wish it was a little longer, as I am interested in more specifics pertaining to his views on health care.

I agree that the Bush Administration was too set in its ways and too unwilling to seriously listen to opposing views. It will be interesting to see how the Obama Administration learns from that.

Umm no, if you're going to use LABallzzzzzzzzzzFan's reference you should at least know what he was referring to. Please go back and read the thread (if you're not too busy planning your rally) about the nut who carved the backwards B into her cheek.

He's right Scribo. You should go back to the thread about the girl who carved a B in her face and see what he was saying. In the early stages of the report, when it was believed by most that she was beaten by a black man, he wasn't really saying anything specifically about wife beaters, so that needs to be cleared up. What he said is that the girl "probably deserved what she got."

So he didn't advocate wife beating in that instance, but rather said he completely understands how and why a man could beat a woman,.

Now, this is where his inability to have an original thought usually coughs up a hairball about my inability to speak to my son about things, cuz he's pretty predictable that way. If not, he'll respond with his typical HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But I wanted to clarify his stance.

It's not about wives being beaten. It's about all women being beaten. He understands why they deserve it.

Keep it straight.

Any why was Obama's campaign better run? Probably because he wasn't using over the top smears that noboby with an ounce of intelligence believed!

How old are you 12? Grow up! It's no wonder you voted for Palin!

Like I said, you are boring. When you have something new to say, I might listen.

He's right Scribo. You should go back to the thread about the girl who carved a B in her face and see what he was saying. In the early stages of the report, when it was believed by most that she was beaten by a black man, he wasn't really saying anything specifically about wife beaters, so that needs to be cleared up. What he said is that the girl "probably deserved what she got."

THE B WAS CARVED INTO HER FACE BACKWARDS! IT DOESN'T TAKE A GENIUS TO CONNECT THE DOTS!