Leodis McKelvin Ranks Third In The AFC On KR Yards.

Steely Dan

Pretty cool! :rolleyes:

GO LEODIS, GO LEODIS, GET DOWN NOW!!

Linkage

The Bills are 12-3 under coach Dick Jauron when holding opponents to 300 yards or fewer of offense. ... Bills rookie CB/KR Leodis McKelvin ranks third in the AFC with 750 kickoff return yards. ... Since 2001, the Patriots are 22-7 in November games. ... In his past three starts at Gillette Stadium, Patriots QB Matt Cassel has thrown for 583 yards and five touchdowns. ... Undrafted free-agent RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis is going for a fourth consecutive game with a rushing touchdown

Averaging 24.2 yards per return.

From my stand point hes one quick move away from breaking a long one. Could use one today!

I'd love to see Roscoe break one and then the D force a 3 and out and have Roscoe return another one. I have Leodis on my FF team but I'd be happy to see him have only one KR! :rolleyes:

His average of 24.2 ypr is 13th in the NFL for kick returners with at least 20 returns.

Going by yardage, he's 7th in the NFL.

For returns of 20+ yards, he's 4th in the NFL.

Not bad for a rookie who hasn't broken one yet! Also not bad for someone who has been consistently basted on here for "running straight into the defender."

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=mckelvin

His average of 24.2 ypr is 13th in the NFL for kick returners with at least 20 returns.

Going by yardage, he's 7th in the NFL.

For returns of 20+ yards, he's 4th in the NFL.

Not bad for a rookie who hasn't broken one yet! Also not bad for someone who has been consistently basted on here for "running straight into the defender."

That's the reason I started this thread. I wanted people give him some props!! :rolleyes:

Also, IIRC he didn't start returning kicks til the 3rd game.

Guest dog14787
That's the reason I started this thread. I wanted people give him some props!! :rolleyes:

Also, IIRC he didn't start returning kicks til the 3rd game.

and he deserves them, guys a keeper thats for sure :angry:

he was close last week, but to omany times he just tiptoes to the 20 and goes down. he needs to be agressive and be fast.

he definitely does do a lot of tiptoeing, but it's been pretty effective even if occasionally he seems to get blown up at the 20. His style is very different from McGee, but the results have been good.

I think Mckelvin has been decent at returning kicks for us. Yeah, I've been critical of him (in my head), but I've chalked up many of his errors to being a young rookie out there. He looked much more decisive in pre-season than regular season , and has indeed run into his own players a number of times. The fact that his average still puts him in the top half of the league is a testiment to his skills and potential. He could clearly break a number of returns once he gets settled in.

Also, I think that the criticism I've read of LM here has been a reflection of how spoiled we've been watching McGee, who has an excellent mix of vision, balance, strength, decision-making and speed on returns. It looks like McKelvin could perhaps be as good or better when he settles down.

For reference, here are McGee's averages the last few years:

2007 24.0 (1 TD)

2006 26.1

2005 30.2 (1 TD)

2004 26.3 (3 TDs)

McKelvin this year so far: 24.2.

Wow. On paper he looks good. I don't care, McGee is better. McKelvin has speed but lacks the elusiveness I'm looking for. To be honest, he's middle of the run, 13th overall. The other stats a meaningless. I'll accept him being middle of the run, but I wont get off his back until he breaks a few this season or until we put McGee back there.

Wow. On paper he looks good. I don't care, McGee is better. McKelvin has speed but lacks the elusiveness I'm looking for. To be honest, he's middle of the run, 13th overall. The other stats a meaningless. I'll accept him being middle of the run, but I wont get off his back until he breaks a few this season or until we put McGee back there.

He's been breaking tackles left and right the last few weeks. I know his returning style is a little bit different. He takes a couple seconds to size up his blocks and tacklers instead of sprinting right off the bat, but as long as the results are there I'm not complaining one bit.

He's good enough to keep McGee from possibly getting hurt during a return.

Agreed. He still looks tentative out there. I guess when you pick a guy from Troy, you have to expect some stage fright.