Alabama Draft

Astrobot

• 2 weeks later...
Andre Smith Alabama OT -- Trade Up and Take Smith.

Terrence Cody Alabama DT -- At Our Regular Spot

Antoine Caldwell Alabama OC -- Round 3

Rashad Johnson Alabama FS -- Round 5

Smith will be the top OL drafted, probably 'round 5th or so, if not earlier. The Bills may end up w/ a pick in the teens. I don't know if they'll be able to move up enough to get him w/out losing other NEEDED picks. If we sell out to get an OT when we have a serviceable one in Walker while doing NOTHING to get pass rush help or a bona fide receiving TE when we have none, I'd be a pit upset.

Then again, it's the Bills. They just might do it.

It's a long way to April, but @ this point, there is a chance of it.

While it is long way to go to April and anything can happen, Cody has already been publicly stating he intends on returning to Bama to play out his senior year.

• 3 weeks later...
Andre Smith Alabama OT -- Trade Up and Take Smith.

Terrence Cody Alabama DT -- At Our Regular Spot

Antoine Caldwell Alabama OC -- Round 3

Rashad Johnson Alabama FS -- Round 5

Rashad Johnson is great. He won't last until round 5. In fact, I am hoping that Jauron doesn't see this guy and take him in the first.

IMO, Caldwell is the best center in the draft. Better than Mack.

The kid from Arkansas, Johnathan Luigis, is pretty good. Louisville has a guy named Eric Wood who has looked good this year too. I don't hear OU's Jon Cooper mentioned up there w/ Mack, Luigis, or Wood, but I think he's a really good prospect as well. Heck, even if they wait a few rounds, they could still get a really good guy like A.Q. Shipley of PENN STATE.

The kid from Arkansas, Johnathan Luigis, is pretty good. Louisville has a guy named Eric Wood who has looked good this year too. I don't hear OU's Jon Cooper mentioned up there w/ Mack, Luigis, or Wood, but I think he's a really good prospect as well. Heck, even if they wait a few rounds, they could still get a really good guy like A.Q. Shipley of PENN STATE.

I've seen both Luigis and Wood, and I'm not very impressed. Wood is VERY light at the position, regardless of what his weight says. If he's getting consistently bull rushed in college, Wilfork, Jenkins and Ferguson are going to have their way with him.

I'll probably post this a hundred times from now until the draft, but what I believe the Bills need in a center is a very strong, stout player who will be able to stand up to the large 3-4 DT's over his face for half the year. It does us no good to draft the smart-smallish center, we already have that in Fowler. I believe we need a smaller in height, larger in weight-type center, who is very good in the run game, and that is EXACTLY what I see when I watch Caldwell.

Mack might be the best overall center, but for the Bills needs, Caldwell fits the bill better. Again, I will end up posting this a hundred times from now until draft day, because most fans just look at the "expert rankings" for centers, see some guy named Mack at the top, and vow that's who we must draft and that he's the best.