Sabres on in 1:35 hour:min.

The Thrashers blow big chunks (though they did beat us). That team has nothing going for it besides Kozlov and Kovalchuk.

White and Little are actually having a spectacular year thus far.

I've been waiting for this game all week.

Sabres tied it up by McCarthur, his 6th. Both teams are flying!

A very fast pace game for sure. We're controlling the puck a lot better, their goal was a fluke combo of bad goaltending and bad back-checking by TC. We're buzzing around and I'd say expect some more goals as Atlanta will end up having to take penalties to slow us down.

Shootout asset, too. Best wrist shot on the team.

I agree. And after he played "soft" early in his career, he really has picked up defensively too. I really like him, why trade when you know you're not going to get anything valuable for him?

On a side note, its great to see Connolly back on the powerplay, winning face-offs, hopping back to the point, and just bringing overall talent to the team. He botched up early on ATL's first goal, but I just love the way Connolly's talent improves our team...when of course, he's healthy.

And Max is playing like Max finally after about a year!

Yeah, he did skate around blindly in the offensive zone for ten seconds before turning over the puck...so I guess he's back to his old form.

But he had a goal, which was unusual.

Nice to see Jochen back! I love that line, Hecht, Connelly and Pommer. I was thinking they might be our best line, but that Vanek playing all by himself might be a better line than any in the game. Some of the moves he was making! That play they had to review, what an amazing play! Vanek has really come of age. Super star!

Nice to see Jochen back! I love that line, Hecht, Connelly and Pommer. I was thinking they might be our best line, but that Vanek playing all by himself might be a better line than any in the game. Some of the moves he was making! That play they had to review, what an amazing play! Vanek has really come of age. Super star!

It's nice to see Vanek playing like he deserves his contract, instead of playing like he's trying to justify his contract. Guy's a lot more relaxed this year.

This discussion, too, is much more productive than arguing about whether or not Palin is a shrew or Obama a commie Muslim.