Anyone watch South Park last night?

Wacka

South Park tackled the election less than 24 hours after it ended.

Stan marsh was drunk partying in the street, the McCain supporters were getting ready in their bunkers, Ike jumped off the ledge (he was only 4 feet off te snow)- He was a McCain supporter. Cartman was stealing the TVs from the houses of the Obama supporters that were in the streets and selling them to McCain supporters that kicked their screens in .

Meanwhile, McCain, Palin, Obama. Michelle, Bono, and some other people I don't know were plotting to steal the Hope Diamond (a parody of Oceans 11). Obama asked to see the Oval office so he could access the secret escape tunnel that also ran under the Smithsonian and break into the vault. Michele wsa just pretending to be married to Obama for the plot they have been planning for the last ten years.

After stealing the diamond, dummies of them were blown up in a plane and they were recorded as deceased. They took off for Tahiti with their $.

The mastermind of the whole plot? -Ike!

I liked the episode.

The best part was at first I thought they could have done two episodes and airing the one that fit who won the election until they played part of Obama's acceptance speech and it was word for word the same as the actual speech he gave. Good stuff.

Parker and Stone have said they prefer doing episodes last minute, whenever they do one in advance they hate it and end up doing another one at the last second. I also love how they always attack both sides and attack everybody, nobody is safe. They attack people who think they have all the answers to problems, and use the cartoon to show how both sides of any topic are right and wrong.

Unlike Family Guy who I had equal respect for until this season when they only attacked Bush/McCain and was revealed MacFarlane was an Obama supporter and using the show to push an agenda. The show lost some luster for me after that.

Southpark is my favorite show, which I've yet to miss an episode of, and I must say, this season has been a little bit sub par. The 2 parter had some funny moments, but they're doing too many of these dramatic spoofs now and the laughs aren't coming as fast.

I will say, however, that the episode was impressive, having been made so quickly, and that it got a big laugh out of me when they said Obama's grandmother faked her death on monday and will make the fake bomb threat call.

Southpark is my favorite show, which I've yet to miss an episode of, and I must say, this season has been a little bit sub par. The 2 parter had some funny moments, but they're doing too many of these dramatic spoofs now and the laughs aren't coming as fast.

I will say, however, that the episode was impressive, having been made so quickly, and that it got a big laugh out of me when they said Obama's grandmother faked her death on monday and will make the fake bomb threat call.

As funny as it sounds, the part about Obama's grandmother was suggested by numurouns right wing talk show hosts...

I know. That was the joke. How else would I have laughed at that?

Indeed, as I said above they always attack the two extremes. In this episode the Obama supporters who think he will solve all of their problems, and the McCain supporters who think Obama is the end of the world.

I thought it was weird that Mr./Mrs. Garrision was a McCain supporter, and they didn't include Jimbo?

Brilliant episode, IMO. Very impressed with the turn-around. They probably had the bulk of the episode finished and had to add the beginning and make a few tweaks. The bit with Obama's Grandmother was a nice touch.

All great Randy moments, but when he cussed out his boss last night, I thought I was going to piss myself. "It's OK, Stan, everything's changed!"

And the next day when he found out he was fired.

"Oh goddamn it! I thought things were going to change!!"