Vichy Joe Lieberman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do the Dems do with the crazy uncle in the attic?

Shave his head?

Heard on the radio that him and Reid had a pow-wow today. Nothing was resolved but we should know soon enough. His goose is cooked. The Dems are going to fall short of 60 so Lieberman has no leverage. They'll boot him out of the Homeland Security Committee Chair and he'll be free to officially switch parties. I don't think Lieberman or McCain have a shred of dignity left between the two of them.

Heard on the radio that him and Reid had a pow-wow today. Nothing was resolved but we should know soon enough. His goose is cooked. The Dems are going to fall short of 60 so Lieberman has no leverage. They'll boot him out of the Homeland Security Committee Chair and he'll be free to officially switch parties. I don't think Lieberman or McCain have a shred of dignity left between the two of them.

So much for reaching out to the other side and working together. Get's you ostrasized I see.

I don't think Lieberman or McCain have a shred of dignity left between the two of them.

Yes, dignity is most certainly measured by the extent to which one stifles his own opinions and instead parrots the line from a party that already tried to throw him under the bus two years ago.

Nice to see that victory hasn't robbed most of the libtards from their bitterness.

Chuck Hagel supported Obama - but in a positive way, not in attack mode. I don't see anyone giving him any grief over it. I still think it would have been cool to have had Hagel on the ticket.

The objection to Lieberman, on my part at least, is not that he supported McCain as much as they way in which he did it. You can cross party lines without attacking your own.

There are plenty of decent, smart Republicans out there and I hope Obama taps those who are qualified. Of course I would not want him to select incompetents in order to satisfy people who would claim he's not willing to cross party lines - that would be a sort of "affirmative action" and of course we don't like that here.

I hope there is a role for Hagel. Wesley Clark is a smart man too. Whatever, for Defense we need someone who has BEEN in the service. We've seen what can happen when our defense person doesn't have actual defense experience.

I had no problem at all with Lieberman going with John McCain, and his stance on the war, which I believe Lieberman totally believed in. The problem I had with him was then extrapolating that agreement of war with McCain to suddenly everything McCain is right. That he didn't believe in. Then all of a sudden he became a complete farce. It culminated when he also said that he thought Sarah Palin was highly qualified to be President. There is no way, IMO, he believed that.

Politicians do political things though, and they lie, and they shouldn't have to share all views of their party. I think the Dems should be a little more lenient to Lieberman than they likely will be.

Politicians do political things though, and they lie, and they shouldn't have to share all views of their party. I think the Dems should be a little more lenient to Lieberman than they likely will be.

Well of course. If he decided to support McCain, than he was going to support him all the way, warts, Palins and all.

I can't believe anyone is really surprised by Lieberman. The party establishment tried to take his seat 2 years ago in favor of some hack for the Dem nomination here in CT. Fortunately, this is an Independent minded state so the best candidate as easily reelected without a major party label.

I don't believe the Dems will be arrogant or shortsighted enough to tell Joe to f**k off at this point, though I wish they would.

Well of course. If he decided to support McCain, than he was going to support him all the way, warts, Palins and all.

I don't think so. He could have been a lot more diplomatic than he was when asked about her instead of saying "Of course she's a great pick!". He could have asked McCain not to put him in certain positions when he would be forced to support her. People respected him for taking a stand he believed in. That's fine. You lose that respect when you immediately take stands it's clear you don't at all believe in. He might have well stayed with the Dems if that is what he was going to do. That's not being independent.

I had no problem at all with Lieberman going with John McCain, and his stance on the war, which I believe Lieberman totally believed in. The problem I had with him was then extrapolating that agreement of war with McCain to suddenly everything McCain is right. That he didn't believe in. Then all of a sudden he became a complete farce. It culminated when he also said that he thought Sarah Palin was highly qualified to be President. There is no way, IMO, he believed that.

He'll probably be allowed to caucus with the Dems if he chooses to, because what could it hurt in the Senate?

I doubt he'll be able to keep his Chairs though.

That's politics. He stopped caucusing with the Dems when he endorsed McCain.

I can't believe anyone is really surprised by Lieberman. The party establishment tried to take his seat 2 years ago in favor of some hack for the Dem nomination here in CT. Fortunately, this is an Independent minded state so the best candidate as easily reelected without a major party label.

I don't believe the Dems will be arrogant or shortsighted enough to tell Joe to f**k off at this point, though I wish they would.

You mean like Bill Clinton?

Or Harry Reid?

Or Hillary Clinton?

Actually it seems like the party establishment was in favor of Lieberman. Why do you always insist and talking out of your ass?

Didnt Joe win his last election running as an independent? I think the Democracks kind of kicked him to the curb a while ago.

You people are !@#$in amazing. :thumbsup:

He lost the Democratic Party primary in Connecticut and then ran independent.

So the Klingons question in the first post means nothing?

What do the Dems do with the crazy uncle in the attic?

Right, got it. :thumbsup:

Nice try. Looks like this is going to be a fun two years.

They already offered him a different committee, a demotion, but still a part of one and he turned it down. Now they have to decide if they will just strip him of the titles he has. I guess you think they should just promote him for all this. They have to do something. I think it should be something like what they offered him, but he doesnt seem to want that. Or he is just negotiating for the best deal he can get. He might just want a better committee with more power.