2009 Draft Idea

I would seriously consider drafting 2 Centers and 2 Defensive Ends with their first four picks. Screw this best player on the board crap. Yea yea, I know...thank God I'm not GM BUT these two positions are KILLING this team. WR, LB and other positions can always be filled in Free Agency and later in draft

Centers are notorious for not going until the later rounds. Why would we waste 2 of our first 4 picks on a commodity we could get in rounds on the second day of the draft? And why exactly do we need 2 more of them?

That's cause really good one's are hard to find Sage, and don't come around very often. Damien Woody, Chris Spencer, and Nick Mangold are a few 1st round centers I can think of. This year, there are actually 4 or 5 first DAY caliber centers (when last year there were none IMO) but I would wait until no later than the 2nd round to make sure we get a guy we like. I really hope we get lucky and find a quality pass rusher with the 1st pick. I too thought two centers is a little crazy but if we took one in the 2nd round and another one we liked was still sitting there on the 2nd day, why not, especially if that guy could also play guard, which many centers can. I'm hoping free agency lands two quality starters like DT, LB or even TE.

I would not be opposed to taking two DE's in the draft, expecially if they have very good pass rushing skills. One in the 1st or 2nd round and another on day 2.

OC also needs to be resolved next year. Teague, Preston & Fowler have caused nightmares long enough.