Message to Republicans- America needs you back

Adam

For the past eight years (and maybe more), the republican message- one that is very american, very good and very proud has become warped and twisted.

The republican message has become more and more one of hate and fear- some republicans I know deny this, but not many. They need to accept that their message is what people receive, not what they mean. They need to get back to their core values. We may be attacked while Obama is president, but it won't be because he is president. Republicans are supposed to stand for "Give me liberty or give me death" and the constitution. Right now, they don't stand for that- and the Patriot Act is the best proof I can give.

America is better off with a strong republican party than a weak one. Lets hope they go through a lot of self evaluation and get themselves back in order.

Uhg. I guess you can blame the party for allowing others to define you, but here are the votes regarding the Patriot Act:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/patriotact2...enatevote.shtml

I know a lot of people think King W decreed this, over objections of the masses, but that wouldn't be true.

No bill is ever the fault of a single party- I completely understand that. I do think they need to denounce that and they nee to denounce talk radio- not many republicans I know share the vision that is presented by Rush Limbaugh. Limbaugh, Savage and their like present a sick and twisted variation of the conservative/republican message and I consider that dangerous. Having said that, I also think Keith Olbermann is equally as bad- and thats going from what I have heard- I would NEVER watch MSNBC