And the knives are Out!

From a power standpoint Cheney was powerful and an effective one. I don't agree with his policy decisions, but partisan though I am, I have to admit he is still and was very influential and effective.

I am not sure about Cheney. I think he both overstepped his bounds, and I think that he side-stepped the constitution and law too many times. IMO, there is no question he was involved in the Plame affair. So to me, that disqualifies him from the list. I don't know if all the stuff I have read and heard is true, or how close it is to the truth. If it was, then I don't at all think he was a good VP regardless of my disagreement with his policies. If most of that wasn't true, and he really didn't do anything untoward, then I would agree, he was a very influential and effective VP. I'm just not sure that is the role of the VP.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously?? Do you expect anyone to believe that's true? The media destroyed her from the word go . . .

Don't know what you were watching, but she got a pass the first month or so, because everyone assumed, at some point she would be able to speak to the media. When she finally did, and was exposed as another unqualified boob, the media did what it should do. They gave her far more respect than she deserved. She can credit Tina Fey for turning her into a pop star...but the woman did not belong on a presidential ticket, and McCain has only himself to blame for making such a cynical, and poor choice.

I am not sure about Cheney. I think he both overstepped his bounds, and I think that he side-stepped the constitution and law too many times. IMO, there is no question he was involved in the Plame affair. So to me, that disqualifies him from the list. I don't know if all the stuff I have read and heard is true, or how close it is to the truth. If it was, then I don't at all think he was a good VP regardless of my disagreement with his policies. If most of that wasn't true, and he really didn't do anything untoward, then I would agree, he was a very influential and effective VP. I'm just not sure that is the role of the VP.

Cheney was the so-called master mind behind the administration. He used Bush like a puppet.

Don't know what you were watching, but she got a pass the first month or so, because everyone assumed, at some point she would be able to speak to the media. When she finally did, and was exposed as another unqualified boob, the media did what it should do. They gave her far more respect than she deserved. She can credit Tina Fey for turning her into a pop star...but the woman did not belong on a presidential ticket, and McCain has only himself to blame for making such a cynical, and poor choice.

I read an article stating that the record turnout for this election was most Democrats, or people voting Democratic. The GOP did not turn out the vote. I am sure they are busy slicing and dicing this, but the impression I'd get is that people couldn't stomach the GOP ticket but wouldn't vote for a Democrat, so they stayed home. Whether Palin was a factor is hard to say, but I have talked to moderate Republicans who did vote for McCain and they described it as "I held my nose and voted for him, praying for his excellent health should he actually win." That's not scientific of course.