ESPN: Patriots series has been cruel to Bills

SKOOBY

Trends for Sunday's game in Gillette Stadium clearly do not favor the Buffalo Bills.

They haven't beaten the New England Patriots in nine straight tries and 14 of their past 15. One more Bills loss will match the NFL's longest active skid against a given opponent.

In their nine-game win streak over the Bills, the Patriots are averaging 32.0 points for and 9.6 points against. The Patriots won 38-7 and 56-10 last year.

Dick Jauron is the third Bills coach of this long drought. He admitted Wednesday in a conference call with Patriots reporters the trend will have a psychological impact.

"I believe that the fact that they've beaten us and beaten us soundly definitely has an effect," Jauron said. "I'm sure it has an effect on them, too, in terms of their confidence in playing us. We have to deal with it.

"We've been on the losing end, and, as I pointed out, badly. So we've got to try to gain a little ground on these guys."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-242...l-to-Bills.html

That's approaching Buffalo's 0-for-the-'70s futility against the Fins. A couple more goodies from this week's Pats release:

-Four of NE's last five victories have come by 22 points or more, and the Bills are 0-for-forever at Gillette Stadium since it opened in 2002.

-The Patriots defense has held the Bills to a touchdown or less in five of the last eight games between the teams.

And yeah, you'll be seeing these again.

That's approaching Buffalo's 0-for-the-'70s futility against the Fins. A couple more goodies from this week's Pats release:

-Four of NE's last five victories have come by 22 points or more, and the Bills are 0-for-forever at Gillette Stadium since it opened in 2002.

-The Patriots defense has held the Bills to a touchdown or less in five of the last eight games between the teams.

The Bills played the first game ever in Indy's new stadium this season and won, NE just lost to them there last week. It's time to make history in NE's stadium, F-them and every fan that roots for them.

Preseason game vs. Jim Sorgi Jared Lorenzen and Quinn Gray, and a regular-season game vs. Peyton Manning? Not all that comparable. Just sayin'.

And damn, I thought that "0-for-the-'70s futility" reference sounded familiar. From the TSW preview of last November's game (sorry, no link, this one's from my personal archives):

Buffalo has lost eight straight games in the series and 13 of the last 14, a streak of futility beginning to approach the 0-for-the-1970s disaster against the Dolphins. The Bills offense hasn't scored more than 10 points against New England since 2005, and has struggled to find any sense of consistency this year. And now, it sounds like there's a good chance Rookie of the Year candidate Marshawn Lynch will spend this game in street clothes with a sprained ankle. So... as much as I'd like to pick the upset, I just can't do it.

Gee. Considering they'd already gotten hammered 38-7 in the first game, way to go out on a limb with that prediction ...

:unsure:

Kinda makes one appreciate the 31-0 game a bit more, doesn't it?

:unsure:

I'm sure we all remember Bruschi's "vomit inducing return from his stroke" game that was covered extensively by ESPN and gave birth to the obscure stat known as "hits per game".

This is also the game that Kelly Holcomb was unable to throw the ball to the first down marker on the 4th down play to sealed our fate.

Then, there was the JP Losman safety game where we were up by 10 at the half and came out with the ball to begin the 2nd half and methodically drove down the field and went for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking a FG and didn't convert.

These represent the 2 closest times we were in position to win the game at Gillette and we just didn't finish.

I was just talking about this game with a friend of mine the other day and how ESPN couldn't remove the camera from him or thier lips from his ass the entire night. His return from a steriod-induced stoke... :rolleyes:

Was this not the evening when we were all exposed to "miracle-like" capabilities of douchenozzle? Walking on water, parting seas, healing the sick and turning gatorade tubs of water into wine?

God I hate that guy... irrational as my hate is, at least I've recognized it.

Its the NFL and anything can happen. I mean what if Cassel goes down and their 3rd stringer has to come in? The Pats secondary can get beat up on......

I just fear the running game! If we cant get it going, games over! If we get it going early and stick with it, we can win.

Honestly I see a high scoring game.......