Patriots* cheerleader fired for Facebook pictures

buffaloboyinATL

You guys do know that habitat for humanity screens applicants and only builds houses for those that can afford to pay them (the builders) back, correct?

How does it work?

Through volunteer labor and donations of money and materials, Habitat builds and rehabilitates simple, decent houses with the help of the homeowner (partner) families. Habitat houses are sold to partner families at no profit and financed with affordable loans. The homeowners’ monthly mortgage payments are used to build still more Habitat houses.

Habitat is not a giveaway program. In addition to a down payment and the monthly mortgage payments, homeowners invest hundreds of hours of their own labor—sweat equity—into building their Habitat house and the houses of others.

Linkage

And that makes them one of the biggest scumbag lying cheating "charities" out there?

Habitat for Humanity is NOT a giveaway program. Families are required to pay back an interest free mortgage on the cost of materials and to do 500 hours of work on a Habitat project.

What's wrong with that? Why does that make them scumbags? Seems a reasonable thing to expect...

Not to mention she does her community service for habitat for humanity, one of the biggest scumbag lying cheating "charities" out there.

My experience with them might be more limited than yours, but what exactly is HfH lying about if they disclose that information in the FAQ section of their website? Unless you mean that they foster the misconception that they give house away...

It's not "free homes", but a more affordable alternative. I wouldn't mind a $60,000 interest free mortgage for a house.

SORRY about getting away from the crazy cheerleader with the sharpie. I used to do stuff like that, although I'm pretty sure I left the swastikas out of my art design.

SORRY about getting away from the crazy cheerleader with the sharpie. I used to do stuff like that, although I'm pretty sure I left the swastikas out of my art design.

I'm sure she meant it in it's original meaning....a mark made on persons and things to denote good luck.

What's wrong with that? Why does that make them scumbags? Seems a reasonable thing to expect...

No, people who are willing to work for their home and help others with their homes for a no interest loan for no profit are just lazy welfare grabbers.

Funny how making people responsible is considered bad. :rolleyes:

I'm sure she meant it in it's original meaning....a mark made on persons and things to denote good luck.

:rolleyes:

No doubt...I didn't consider that. Hot, artistic AND far more enlightened than me. Plus no longer affiliated with the worst franchise in sports. She is getting better and better.

You guys do know that habitat for humanity screens applicants and only builds houses for those that can afford to pay them (the builders) back, correct?

I do not take issue with any of that. They are giving families a helping hand, not a hand out. Any family that works for and pays for something will take better care and appreciate it more than just a freebie.

If the welfare system in this country actually required people to work, and in-turn invest in themselves, many of those people would be a lot better off.

I do not take issue with any of that. They are giving families a helping hand, not a hand out. Any family that works for and pays for something will take better care and appreciate it more than just a freebie.

If the welfare system in this country actually required people to work, and in-turn invest in themselves, many of those people would be a lot better off.

I guess i am just jaded, because i have seen too much of what goes on on the inside. Too many times i have seen H2H pass up a really needy family that is busting their ass to stay afloat because the family "might not be able to pay them back." And so many of the builders are in it for the profit, jacking up materials prices, etc so they can still make their buck while appearing good because they "build free houses."

You people disgust me.

This is worser that people taking a crayonz thread seriously. Here we have a 19 year old cheerleader and people are bickering about Habitat for Humanity? Bicker about the size of her boobage or ass or some other superficial thing ferchrissakes. :thumbsup:

Interesting, maybe the ones I've seen someone even put up the money for the family.

On another note, if families that get a habitat home raise their income above a certain level, they must leave their habitat home, which is returned the builder who can sell the house for profit.