Dow drops 5%; NASDAQ 5.5%

KD in CA

I was wondering who was going to try and link today's market to the election...I expected dumber...err...wacka to do it...

But I think KD was being sarcastic. Wacka, had he posted it, would have been serious.

Market was down 5% today? I stopped following, since I no longer have any need for a 401k or IRA, because Obama will take care of me...

Then there is no need to worry about Cap Gains tax increases.... there aren't any. :oops:

That's where you're wrong. Your mutual funds will be down 30-40% and you'll pay cap gains on them. I know you're only busting nuts but there will be some very confused people when they open ther MF 1099s next year.

Well, it went up yesterday.

Our stock market is not stable, it will take time to do so. Regardless of who is in office, it is safe to say that the markets will not be stable for quite some time.

I thought this market down turn was Bush's fault. :oops:

But I think KD was being sarcastic. Wacka, had he posted it, would have been serious.

Market was down 5% today? I stopped following, since I no longer have any need for a 401k or IRA, because Obama will take care of me...

I figured I'd reel a few in with that one.....it was real hard to predict a down day after a week long run up of 20%. :oops:

That's where you're wrong. Your mutual funds will be down 30-40% and you'll pay cap gains on them. I know you're only busting nuts but there will be some very confused people when they open ther MF 1099s next year.

Not unless they sell out of the funds by the end of Nov :oops:

Stop spreading those dirty secrets about constructive receipt and clever variants of same, will ya? :oops:

Heaven forbid Pelosi's words in the past about one's 401k money being taken and put into government coffers for a safe rate of return happen . Or do I misconstrue? Dunno...color me confused.

I worked down in the Financial district in SF today (across from the Transamerica Pyramid). I didn't see any happy faces today. I did see the results after the market closed (their day ends about 1:30 here).

Didn't surprise me in the least. I was just surprised it wasn't larger.

At least I had a good lunch in Chinatown.

Then there is no need to worry about Cap Gains tax increases.... there aren't any. :unsure:

You got that one right. You know you learn about basics economics ,stocks , bonds etc. The one thing which they could never factor in to money management , trading etc. , is corruption. Some people need prosecution and jail until that time the market will continue to tank. As they say ,you aint seen nothing yet.

I thought about adding that I knew KD was being sarcastic, but since he included the little smilie thing, I accepted it for what it was. In fact, my open invitation to who was "dumb" vs. dumber was just that, open...not meant for KD.