MLB player agents react to Obama election

Break out the violins. I'm supposed to pay more takes so some steroid-pumped overgrown adolecent that gets paid $20M a year doesn't have to pay a few bucks more? Cry me a river.

I will never understand why people who make an average salary are so bent on protecting the super-rich. Talk about drinking the kool-aid! We've had trickle-down economics and tax cuts for the wealthy for 28 years now. How much did you get? Based on the amount of bitching I hear about taxes I'm betting not much. Meanwhile the wealthy are richer than ever. How many times do you have to be kicked in the balls before you say enough?

The Republicans have been masters at getting the middle class to vote against their own interests by waving the flag and having Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity sell the lie that making the rich richer is somehow going to make you rich too. I think people finally woke up yesterday....well, not everyone.

PTR

Yet they buy the tickets. :blink:

Reaction to higher taxation takes many forms. Wait and see. :unsure:

Actually most sports revenues come from corporate support. (How often do we hear that about the Bills!) Average people can't afford most pro sports tickets.

Seriously, Cincy...are you that broken up over A-rod having to pay and an extra $500-600K in taxes?

PTR

Break out the violins. I'm supposed to pay more takes so some steroid-pumped overgrown adolecent that gets paid $20M a year doesn't have to pay a few bucks more? Cry me a river.

I will never understand why people who make an average salary are so bent on protecting the super-rich. Talk about drinking the kool-aid! We've had trickle-down economics and tax cuts for the wealthy for 28 years now. How much did you get? Based on the amount of bitching I hear about taxes I'm betting not much. Meanwhile the wealthy are richer than ever. How many times do you have to be kicked in the balls before you say enough?

The Republicans have been masters at getting the middle class to vote against their own interests by waving the flag and having Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity sell the lie that making the rich richer is somehow going to make you rich too. I think people finally woke up yesterday....well, not everyone.

PTR

:blink:

I'm gringo starr and I approve this message.

Say what you will, but I do not think it is right to take more money from someone just because he or she earns more than me, even if it is a lot more. If you want this big money, do what it takes to become an agent.

If you want big money, study hard enough to get into law school, work day and night, climbing the ladder.

If you are crying about the rich brat who was born into money, do what it takes to earn a ton yourself so you too can set your children on the path to wealth.

Actually most sports revenues come from corporate support. (How often do we hear that about the Bills!) Average people can't afford most pro sports tickets.

Seriously, Cincy...are you that broken up over A-rod having to pay and an extra $500-600K in taxes?

PTR

Look up a previous post. I haven't been to, or watched an MLB game on tv since 1991 - when the Pirates were dismantled.

Look up a previous post. I haven't been to, or watched an MLB game on tv since 1991 - when the Pirates were dismantled.

Then why make a thread about baseball? I already know the answer why you did it, but it would be easier to argue with you if I have something assinine to quote.

Say what you will, but I do not think it is right to take more money from someone just because he or she earns more than me, even if it is a lot more. If you want this big money, do what it takes to become an agent.

If you want big money, study hard enough to get into law school, work day and night, climbing the ladder.

If you are crying about the rich brat who was born into money, do what it takes to earn a ton yourself so you too can set your children on the path to wealth.

I appreciate the thinking, but America just voted against that kind of thinking pretty solidly. Actually, it's not that they voted against that thinking so much as they voted for the total opposite. I suggest you pack it in a trunk and lock it up for a while. A long while. But don't mention it aloud as it will draw ridicule and the gratuitous "Oh, boo hoo. Poor rich folks have to share their money. Like they can't afford it. I'm sure America feels sorry for them."

For some people, it's just easier to mock successful people than it is to actually account for their own success.

Then why make a thread about baseball? I already know the answer why you did it, but it would be easier to argue with you if I have something assinine to quote.

What is that answer, you claim to know? Spit it out, please.

What I see is that you disagree with a topical item. Did you miss the smiley heading the topic? I know you like to ridicule free expression, despite portraying your self as prescient and one of the rare keepers of truth.

You are the model elitist. No surprise here, your making your usual snide, personal smears upon those you disagree with, berating a person's words by implying dark, ulterior motives.

How old-school. It's been done for centuries... :blink:

I appreciate the thinking, but America just voted against that kind of thinking pretty solidly. Actually, it's not that they voted against that thinking so much as they voted for the total opposite. I suggest you pack it in a trunk and lock it up for a while. A long while. But don't mention it aloud as it will draw ridicule and the gratuitous "Oh, boo hoo. Poor rich folks have to share their money. Like they can't afford it. I'm sure America feels sorry for them."

For some people, it's just easier to mock successful people than it is to actually account for their own success.

Way too true. THAT is what has me still feeling sick to my stomach more than 12 hours after learning who our new president may be.

Excuse me, America, for thinking I should only have what I earned myself.

What is that answer, you claim to know? Spit it out, please.

What I see is that you disagree with a topical item. Did you miss the smiley heading the topic? I know you like to ridicule free expression, despite portraying your self as prescient and one of the rare keepers of truth.

You are the model elitist. No surprise here, your making your usual snide, personal smears upon those you disagree with, berating a person's words by implying dark, ulterior motives.

How old-school. It's been done for centuries... :blink:

So, you post a thread in the politics forum (using an emoticon sticking its tongue out) headed "MLB player agents react to Obama election," link to the story giving no indication of what you are implying (except your voluminous posting history mocking left-leaning posters) and we're supposed to discern a benign purpose on your part? Perhaps a post-election anecdote coming from someone uninterested in baseball--who just happened to come across the article on Drudgereport :unsure: (that's a winking emoticon, not suggesting that I'm smiling at you, but letting you know that I know where you got the article and I'm going to point it out because I'm an elitest a-hole)? I think not. I just wanted to read it coming from you.

So, you post a thread in the politics forum (using an emoticon sticking its tongue out) headed "MLB player agents react to Obama election," link to the story giving no indication of what you are implying (except your voluminous posting history mocking left-leaning posters) and we're supposed to discern a benign purpose on your part? Perhaps a post-election anecdote coming from someone uninterested in baseball--who just happened to come across the article on Drudgereport :devil: (that's a winking emoticon, not suggesting that I'm smiling at you, but letting you know that I know where you got the article and I'm going to point it out because I'm an elitest a-hole)? I think not. I just wanted to read it coming from you.

There are a limited number of emoticons here. What you choose to call a derisive ("sticking its' tongue out") emoticon, is the intermediary between the :unsure: and the :blink: . Most realize that.

Recheck the cited link and your jerky Drudge comment, while you ponder. Where else should I post such?

Calm down in the future and stop your knee-jerk habit of accusing people of hidden evil intent at every turn. Get a sense of humor, take things with a grain of salt now and then. I know you work in medical research or some such. That's good.

Mellow out, my friend. You wouldn't be the first strident soul that keels over with a sudden brain hemorrhage or some such.

Got it?

Way too true. THAT is what has me still feeling sick to my stomach more than 12 hours after learning who our new president may be.

Excuse me, America, for thinking I should only have what I earned myself.

Don't let it get to you. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep believing what you're believing. You're in a win-win situation. You just don't realize it yet.