I know it is not possible but Deep Breath America

Go have Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks and lets all give cynical partisan politics a break for a little while.

Anyone who is not congratulating Obama now IMO just needs to go stick their head in the sand and SFU.

There will be time for criticism.... now is a time to breath and take stock.

Yea you are right .I guess I will do the same thing you guys did when Bush was elected .Obama is not my President , I am going to Canada. Sound familiar. :blink:

Go have Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks and lets all give cynical partisan politics a break for a little while.

Anyone who is not congratulating Obama now IMO just needs to go stick their head in the sand and SFU.

There will be time for criticism.... now is a time to breath and take stock.

You're freakin silly, man!!

<Dennis Hopper>

I am just tired... I know it never ends. Both of my boys were up last night sick... and I am tired of the whining and bickering.

But politics is politics and bickering and whining is part of the game.

P.S. in 2004 I don't if or what I posted probably not much, but I did take a break, left Capitol Hill and moved my family then to Massachusetts. Call me what you want but on that deal I practiced what I preached....

I am just tired... I know it never ends. Both of my boys were up last night sick... and I am tired of the whining and bickering.

But politics is politics and bickering and whining is part of the game.

P.S. in 2004 I don't if or what I posted probably not much, but I did take a break, left Capitol Hill and moved my family then to Massachusetts. Call me what you want but on that deal I practiced what I preached....

You actually moved your family as a direct result of an election?

Yea you are right .I guess I will do the same thing you guys did when Bush was elected .Obama is not my President , I am going to Canada. Sound familiar. :blink:

That sounds about what I might have said after that campaign, but then I took a break.

I also agreed the Kerry should have won that one if he actually knew how to run an election. He responded too late and ineffectively to swift boating and then he went wind surfing in August....

The man deserved to lose and it P.S. GWBush's second term, the jury was no longer out on him....so stick that in you nasty little pipe and smoke it :unsure:

You actually moved your family as a direct result of an election?

Partly, the decision was actually made that August during Reagan's funeral when the idiot Republican Governor of Kentucky decided to invade DC air space, coming in for the funeral and our "annunciators" barked "in coming unidentified plane... RUN!"

Once we found out it was a false alarm I told my wife that I was done, she responded bout time. The campaign and the elections just reinforced it. We bought a house that December in MA. My first son was 2 months old.

It was the straw in the camels back after 911, Antrax, the sniper, Hurricane Isabel... our house got flooded, the Ricin deal and all the other don't go down this corridor, clear the building crap.

We were done.

Partly, the decision was actually made that August during Reagan's funeral when the idiot Republican Governor of Kentucky decided to invade DC air space, coming in for the funeral and our "annunciators" barked "in coming unidentified plane... RUN!"

Once we found out it was a false alarm I told my wife that I was done, she responded bout time. The campaign and the elections just reinforced it. We bought a house that December in MA. My first son was 2 months old.

It was the straw in the camels back after 911, Antrax, the sniper, Hurricane Isabel... our house got flooded, the Ricin deal and all the other don't go down this corridor, clear the building crap.

We were done.

So then why did you pretend you moved for family because of the election, it was obviously a culmination of tragic events, rather than one event which might have made you unhappy inside.

So then why did you pretend you moved for family because of the election, it was obviously a culmination of tragic events, rather than one event which might have made you unhappy inside.

I just said I took a break....??? I actual decision on the job front,was not made till after the election. The offer on the House was made in December and we settled at the end of Jan. But I no longer wanted to work in the nasty partisan atmosphere that had become DC.

Talking out loud WTF am having to justify, simply the Election confirmed and made me actually go out and execute my decision.... it was not an easy one having spent 21 years in DC.

I just said I took a break....??? I actual decision on the job front,was not made till after the election. The offer on the House was made in December and we settled at the end of Jan. But I no longer wanted to work in the nasty partisan atmosphere that had become DC.

Talking out loud WTF am having to justify, simply the Election confirmed and made me actually go out and execute my decision.... it was not an easy one having spent 21 years in DC.

I know exactly what you're saying. Even as a mere lowly government contractor, the political atmosphere here gets wearing after a while. And I'm not even on The Hill.

Wife and I have both said that when we have the ability, we're out of here and up to Buffalo.

I know exactly what you're saying. Even as a mere lowly government contractor, the political atmosphere here gets wearing after a while. And I'm not even on The Hill.

Wife and I have both said that when we have the ability, we're out of here and up to Buffalo.

It works, much more peaceful. Now am an hour train outside of NYC, in the middle of a bunch of horse farms, small lakes and golf courses... Yet I still get to get my city fix when needed.

Hurricane Isabel... our house got flooded

You guys got flooded that far north?

The brunt of Isabel hit NC outer banks/Hampton Roads but the flooding wasn't that bad (of course I guess that's a subjective term, it's bad when you're the one who got flooded).

The brunt of Isabel hit NC outer banks/Hampton Roads but the flooding wasn't that bad (of course I guess that's a subjective term, it's bad when you're the one who got flooded).

Yes, we were just South of the Wilson bridge in a hundred year flood area. The Cane pushed 11 feet of the Potomac up River over our 7.5 foot flood control. It was a slow mover, but the Potomac River came in our house...a bio hazard at that point south of Blue Plains(the DC waste treatment center) The whole first floor had to be torn up, decontaminated and re-done. We were not that bad as others, we did not have a basement and were on a little higher ground. Probably about 20 square blocks were underwater, so was lower old town Alexandria.

The water was gone by 3pm the next day.

Localized flooding, as I recall. Old Town Alexandria probably flooded (Old Town floods if somebody spits in the Potomac), and I have vague memories of water in the tidal basin being very high. Isabel was no picnic in the DC metro region.

Upstate New York is a great place and what a great day

Oh lord! Please, not buffalo...it's not big enough for the two of us... :blink: