Let 11/05/08 be known as the day...

ieatcrayonz

Now I know who pyrite gal is? You are so full of crap and so many points I am going to dispute that it is not funny. Sheeesh, you are pathetic when it comes to a racial topic. And no, sorry, verbosity does not equate to intelligence which is pyrites and your achilles heel. I will filet and crucify you tomorrow when I can sprinkle intelligent seasonings on your retarded lack of intelligent posts. Cook ya tomorrow, fish !

You're off to a great start! :devil:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know who pyrite gal is? You are so full of crap and so many points I am going to dispute that it is not funny. Sheeesh, you are pathetic when it comes to a racial topic. And no, sorry, verbosity does not equate to intelligence which is pyrites and your achilles heel. I will filet and crucify you tomorrow when I can sprinkle intelligent seasonings on your retarded lack of intelligent posts. Cook ya tomorrow, fish !

Yes, it is probably better to respond when you can actually think reasonably, and express yourself without all of the vitriol.

Just because he wants to cut Obama's cojones off doesn't mean he despises him.

<_<

I know a lot of people have been pointing to Jessie's crying at Obama's speech and suggesting that he is a hypocrite for that (because their longstanding feud). Well, Jessie Jackson IS a hypocrite on many levels, but I'm not sure that this is one of those occasions. I can imagine Jackson being totally overwhelmed with emotion, at the thought of the nation electing their first Black President.

So, I will save the Jessie Jackson bashing for another time.

I'm still waiting.

Ok Dean I have re-read your posts and understand where you are coming from, where I disagree in your line of thought is that the system keeps minorities down. If you accept a cynical point of view of people I can see where your points come from, but the North won the war! There are more people as evidenced by Obama's election that dont care about the color of your skin and dont keep people down based on color. When hiring choice are made it is by merit. Now having said that, there will always be cases to the contrary, thats just people and nothing you can do about that. But as an entrenched system , no it doesn't exist.

By the way, love the stolen car thread, very entertaining.

Ok Dean I have re-read your posts and understand where you are coming from, where I disagree in your line of thought is that the system keeps minorities down. If you accept a cynical point of view of people I can see where your points come from, but the North won the war! There are more people as evidenced by Obama's election that dont care about the color of your skin and dont keep people down based on color. When hiring choice are made it is by merit. Now having said that, there will always be cases to the contrary, thats just people and nothing you can do about that. But as an entrenched system , no it doesn't exist.

By the way, love the stolen car thread, very entertaining.

While I'm not sure how you can't see how the system reinforces long-standing inequalities, and have a hard time believing you really think that hiring/promotion is done by merit alone, I completely agree with the following:

"There are more people as evidenced by Obama's election that dont care about the color of your skin and dont keep people down based on color." There has been real progress in the course of my lifetime. The blatant prejudice that was faced by Blacks when I was young, has almost disappeared. (I say "almost" as having lived in the Northeast, SF and LA I thought old school racists were nearly extinct. My experience in Florida has shown me that there are still pockets in the US where it is, apparently, acceptable to use racial epithets in everyday conversation. I think you would be shocked if you heard the stuff I heard, too.) We will see how Obama does as President, but his mere election represents how different of a country we are from where we were as recently as 30 or 40 years ago.

As for the car story, the whole story, is even funnier...in a WTF-kind of way. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I know a lot of people have been pointing to Jessie's crying at Obama's speech and suggesting that he is a hypocrite for that (because their longstanding feud). Well, Jessie Jackson IS a hypocrite on many levels, but I'm not sure that this is one of those occasions. I can imagine Jackson being totally overwhelmed with emotion, at the thought of the nation electing their first Black President.

So, I will save the Jessie Jackson bashing for another time.

Jessie is an old fashioned street hustler/criminal. His game is civil rights...like Jim Baker's was religion.

Jesse is an old fashioned street hustler/criminal. His game is civil rights...like Jim Baker's was religion.

Although I suspect he was always a hustler, there was a time when Jackson was at least a good/respectable hustler. Before he became a national political figure, he was a pretty effective preacher with a pretty good message, IMO. As he became more well known, and as the lure of politics took hold, he became the Jesse Jackson we all know and despise.

I tend to distrust preachers who get involved in politics, and am suspicious of politicians who rhyme excessively.

Jessie is an old fashioned street hustler/criminal. His game is civil rights...like Jim Baker's was religion.

The real reason Jesse was crying is that he realizes that he is now irrellevant and won't be able to scam guilty feeling white people out of cash