Let 11/05/08 be known as the day...

ieatcrayonz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, it was funny watching Jesse try to cry, holding his finger up to his nose.

I bet he had to think about his first dog dying.

And then, just for the media, had to leave the wet trail there. For a dude whom he said he'd like to "rip his nuts off."

Memo to Jesse (& Al): go crawl under a f---ing rock!

I wonder if this will stop all the excuses and whining from the black community? Sure there are problems but it comes down to personal responsibility. Racism will always be here but it should NOT be an issue anymore.

I wonder if this will stop all the excuses and whining from the black community? Sure there are problems but it comes down to personal responsibility. Racism will always be here but it should NOT be an issue anymore.

I guess it's time to put up or shut up.

You dont suppose that the Obama camp told them to lay low and shut up?

Well, seeing as how Jesse despises Obama, I'm not sure it made a difference, if he did tell them.

I would suggest one big reason Obama was able to connect with white voters is because he avoids any sense of the "I'm black and I'm a victim and whitey owes me" vibe that Jackson and Sharpton emit. He's not "the angry black man." He is a man that embodies Dr. King's ideal of judging a man on the content of his character. Sharpton and Jackson talked the talk but never really understood what King meant. I agree...I think both may well be obsolete.

PTR

I guess it's time to put up or shut up.

those are the discussions ive been having here in atlanta all day.

I would suggest one big reason Obama was able to connect with white voters is because he avoids any sense of the "I'm black and I'm a victim and whitey owes me" vibe that Jackson and Sharpton emit. He's not "the angry black man." He is a man that embodies Dr. King's ideal of judging a man on the content of his character. Sharpton and Jackson talked the talk but never really understood what King meant. I agree...I think both may well be obsolete.

PTR

Don't forget that President-Elect Obama is half-white. Maybe that's the half that Jesse can't stand. :blink:

We can accomplish much on our own and we should never stop trying regardless of who dislikes us for whatever reason. Racism should not be an issue but it still is. Not everything is cured.

I also would add that this is the day for all black Americans STFU about racism and discrimination in America. That dog don't hunt no more.

Right. As of today, there is no more racism. Right.

:rolleyes:

It's there, it's always there in every culture in the world. The point is, or should be, that blacks need to stop using it as a reason for not suceeding. That crutch doesn't work anymore.

I'll keep that in mind when I hear the local citizenry refer to the new president as a "!@#$" and tell me things like, "I'll never hire another !@#$." It's shameful that people would actually complain about a large-scale and systematic bias against them.

It's OK, though, when White people complain about how they are hurt by affirmative action...can't have that, can we?

It's there, it's always there in every culture in the world. The point is, or should be, that blacks need to stop using it as a reason for not suceeding. That crutch doesn't work anymore.

One guy makes it and everything is ok now?